Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2024

I’m watching Coldplay now. I guess, they’re good at what they do. Chris Martin has a weird accent now though. I noticed it the other day in some Coldplay at Glastonbury program.

IDLES First album is still the best IMO followed by the second. I prefer the punkier stuff. Later albums are good as well but less immediate. They’re growers. Bit more experimental.

Reactions: izz
... but keep locals happy...

Mrs Voltz is decidedly unhappy. Having some noise made us feel part of it, a bit anyway

And bear in mind we're less than 3 miles as the sound flies but the other side of a range of hills so it was hardly intrusive

It must be so much better for the people living in Pilton mind

Reactions: izz
Never been a Coldplay fan but watched the first 30 mins whilst Mrs Numbers was on the phone. Visually stunning and rather impressive.

We’re about to watch Little Simz :)

Just seen the Mel C / Orbital bit.

That’s bloody brilliant, anyone moaning have a word with yourselves :D
Ive seen Orbital live across three decades. I'm a real fan.

The Mel C bit for me as an Orbital fan and someone who didn't like the Spicegirls much...

Joyous.
Mel C's Bez dancing was pure Manchester. Awesome. Her enjoyment shone through and radiated out.
Phil wearing a wig! :D

The ten minutes of Tilda Swinton however. I'd like that time back please.

Finally who schedules Orbital to start in sunlight?
Sunlight robs them of their powers.
Gig didn't really warm up properly until the sun started setting.

I've been to six Glastonburys. That was the most flawless I've seen. Sorry.
:weed:

I had the pleasure of being up front at the Pyramid Stage in 2009... New Order had just finished with a few Joy Divison numbers, and i had to do a quick reverse much to the bemusement of all the Coldplay fans gathering for their headliner.. Can't say I have any regrets.

[Edited out facile response: :)]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom