Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2024

Just turned on Peggy Gou and you guys are right - so far, so lacklustre.

ETA even someone appearing to shake their bare arse on stage hasn't livened it up!

iPlayer is shite, I'm getting a black screen with a timer on it and the Starting Shortly for bands that I know are definitely on right now.

Last year it was absolutely bang on.

eta: seems to be on Apple TV, working on PS5
Similar for me and I can’t be bothered to start faffing round adding iplayer to PS :mad:

Disclosure has started working, so watching that and will catch up on other stuff tomorrow. Looking forward to Sleaford Mods and Lankum.

Christ. A little bit of me died inside with that Orbital spice girls tune. I'm struggling to come up with any reason why that was a good idea.....I'm just glad I wasn't off my head dancing or its likely I would have imploded. 🤣

Christ. A little bit of me died inside with that Orbital spice girls tune. I'm struggling to come up with any reason why that was a good idea.....I'm just glad I wasn't off my head dancing or its likely I would have imploded. 🤣
I didn't realise the Spice Girls were so triggering for people of a certain age.

Orbital spent quarter of a century dropping Belinda Carlisle and Bon Jovi into Halcyon, met with such delight it became an expectation. But when they do it with Wannabe it's met with oldies getting the vapours. Last night (slumped on the sofa rather than the acid addled state i used to watch Orbital in) I had the same WTF?LOL reaction as the first time they did it with HIAPOE and YGLABN (coz I iz old and I've seen Orbital more times than I can remember and was there the first tours they did it with both of those), with an added actual laugh when Mel C turned up and started jumping around.

Orbital are enough of a nostalgia act, playing a set of 30 year old tunes. Have the OAP ravers got so set in their ways that when something slightly different different happens its met with incomprehension and grumbling?

I didn't realise the Spice Girls were so triggering for people of a certain age.

Orbital spent quarter of a century dropping Belinda Carlisle and Bon Jovi into Halcyon, met with such delight it became an expectation. But when they do it with Wannabe it's met with oldies getting the vapours. Last night (slumped on the sofa rather than the acid addled state i used to watch Orbital in) I had the same WTF?LOL reaction as the first time they did it with HIAPOE and YGLABN (coz I iz old and I've seen Orbital more times than I can remember and was there the first tours they did it with both of those), with an added actual laugh when Mel C turned up and started jumping around.

Orbital are enough of a nostalgia act, playing a set of 30 year old tunes. Have the OAP ravers got so set in their ways that when something slightly different different happens its met with incomprehension and grumbling?

Orbital have apparently been dropping that Spicy track in their live sets for yonks. I once wasted half an hour reading a Reddit thread about where Orbital fans were banging on about how rubbish it is. To my ears it sounds like a pretty stonking cheesy piano house banger...

Well, either the overall volume has been turned down across the site, we're experiencing some mystical sound phenomenon or the sound engineers on the main stages have some new magical sound system but we've not heard so much as a squeak this year, apart from the aforementioned first night

And that's not just me (deaf'ish as a post'ish) but also including Mrs Voltz with her bat like hearing

• Angry
Reactions: izz

They been dropping that live for 3-4 years now.

People love it, seen them live far too many times to recal. and off to the them again in Sept

At least they re work and re pump tacks, rather than bang out the same tune for 30 years

Well, either the overall volume has been turned down across the site, we're experiencing some mystical sound phenomenon or the sound engineers on the main stages have some new magical sound system but we've not heard so much as a squeak this year, apart from the aforementioned first night
PA systems have had cardioid (directional) subs for years, but recent systems like D&B SL series are directional across the entire frequency range. They come with software that enable you to aim the audio exactly where you want it (the audience) and can tell you fairly accurately what any offsite levels will be. It means you can keep decent levels for the show but keep locals happy, with an added bonus of not clashing with other close by stages.

Back
Top Bottom