Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2024

I listened to nothing but them, lying on my sofa, coming down off an amazing mushroom trip. It was perfect.

Yeah, I think they are or were considered an electronic act, but they have a good band set up and some interesting noises. Quite hard to categorise, which is a good thing.

Yeah, I think they are or were considered an electronic act, but they have a good band set up and some interesting noises. Quite hard to categorise, which is a good thing.
Yeah, I’m not actually a massive fan or anything but when I’ve listened, not being able to pinpoint what it is was part of the enjoyment. Rather, I just enjoyed it for what it is

hmm jebus it terrible can barely hear half the vocals

sound like a bad karaoke singer trying to keep up with the words on a machine :hmm:
Aye I was wondering whether I was being a bit too critical, but it wasn't a great singing performance, it wasn't just that the voice was a bit wobbly but enunciation was very poor.

Reactions: Ax^
Yeah, it’s rubbish. At one point Mrs LR thought PJ Harvey and Dexys were duetting. Which I’d have watched, to be fair. (Although what I saw of Dexys was very low energy and Kevin Rowland looked really ill. I stopped watching because it felt uncomfortable and intrusive).
We were disappointed last year when Rick Astley wasn't fronting the cure.

Just for fun, here's the headliners line up 40 years ago...1984

View attachment 431308
My mate Kit went to that. Ian Dury was great, he said, even if he didn't have the Blockheads with him at the time. He did the obscene intro to Plaistow Patricia but didn't bother with the song, just saying he liked singing the sweary bit. :cool:

My first one was a couple of years later:

1986Poster.jpg

Ticket was £17.50. :D

Rewatched the end of Coldplay to see Michael J. Fox (bit misty-eyed), they really do always seem to step it up for Glastonbury to be fair to them.

Super cheesy and saccharine, but the earnestness gets them through a lot of it.

She's not even singing for gods sake. Even if she was wtf is this doing headlining the biggest festival in the world? Watching it through my fingers..... its amazing

Shania Twain sounds bloody awful.
I don't like to put people down but I clicked on the Breeders and it really was painfully bad and out of tune...
I've got Alogte Oho & his Sounds of Joy on now. They live up to their name. Wonderful highlife/afro-funk.
Really enjoyed this, such a varied well worked out set . Very talented band. There were two reggaeish tracks which worked well, and this one tune after the first reggae track that had a drum pattern to it that not only couldn't I work out the time signature, I couldn't even find The One! I think they deliberately did a simple discoish 4-4 one after that for us newbs:D

Blimey that was a bit of a jolt on BBC4, cutting from the end of Justice's banging set to an episode of some 1970s programme with Hugh Sculley & Arthur Negus talking about 17th Century English furniture. Bit of a come down that.
Saw an episode of that the other day. It was excellent. Tudor and Jacobean on that occasion.

Yeah, I’m not actually a massive fan or anything but when I’ve listened, not being able to pinpoint what it is was part of the enjoyment. Rather, I just enjoyed it for what it is

Made to Stray (Mount Kimbie) is a banger, as the kids (annoyingly) say. Also liked the second to last one with King Krule.

Well, kicking out day at Pilton and it's raining, but at least it held off for almost all of the festival. Looks like the roads are busy and there are a fair few helicopters about, neither of which is surprising. I hope that everyone that went had a delightful time :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom