Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2024

live auto tune why was this not offered to Twain :hmm:
I watched her accidentally as I was working nearby and went to grab a bite to eat at the end of my shift from a place at the top of the Pyramid field. Thought her vocals were well ropey.

Reactions: Ax^
was just weird oddly Twain was not my thing even when a new artist

but she at least could sing

did she forget :hmm:

I watched her accidentally as I was working nearby and went to grab a bite to eat at the end of my shift from a place at the top of the Pyramid field. Thought her vocals were well ropey.

They played a track on 6 Music - yes, 6 Music - and the vocals sounded fine. :hmm:

Seen lots of moaning on social media... what was the good the bad and the ugly then Glastoers?

Is it still banging? :thumbs: I was going to try sneaking in but couldn't be bothered in the end.

There's a lot of bitching about why SZA was headlining to a half empty field at the Pyramid (and was awful) while at the same time Avril Lavigine's security were trying to cope with massive crowds on the Other stage.

I mean, read the room, Eavis's. I tried to watch that SZA set but it was so fucking bad. No fan of Lavigne but it can't have been worse.

There's a lot of bitching about why SZA was headlining to a half empty field at the Pyramid (and was awful) while at the same time Avril Lavigine's security were trying to cope with massive crowds on the Other stage.

I mean, read the room, Eavis's. I tried to watch that SZA set but it was so fucking bad. No fan of Lavigne but it can't have been worse.

I didn't see SZA (and really have no idea who she is), but The Guardian's 5 star review seems in stark contrast to everything else I've read about it.

I didn't see SZA (and really have no idea who she is), but The Guardian's 5 star review seems in stark contrast to everything else I've read about it.
If you take the performance as a standalone thing, then if you like that sort of thing it was great, she did what she does.

But it was wrong stage, wrong time. A good example of streaming stats alone not being a mark of whether someone is a festival main stage headline act.

Last edited:

Really? Five stars?? I was watching it out of interest as like you I had no idea who she was but she was absolutely terrible... I mean, really really bad. I don't think she could blame sound issues either, just terrible music/songwriting/audience interaction.

Really? Five stars?? I was watching it out of interest as like you I had no idea who she was but she was absolutely terrible... I mean, really really bad. I don't think she could blame sound issues either, just terrible music/songwriting/audience interaction.

I shit you not. They also gave Coldplay 5 stars.

Fair enough re Coldplay; maybe it was amazing. I'm unlikely to be finding out though, as I just don't get along with their music. Admittedly, it's been a long time since I was last exposed to them.

Seen lots of moaning on social media... what was the good the bad and the ugly then Glastoers?
People love moaning on social media, and moaning about Glastonbury is now as much of a tradition as the festival itself - especially amongst oldies who haven't come to terms with it not being 1984 or 1994 any more, the good old days when you could watch Proper Bands like Doctor & the Medics or the Thompson Twins.

With 2000 acts across 100 stages it's easy to find a few performers you don't like to point at and say see! its rubbish now!! But it's also easy for anyone whose mind is even slightly open to find something they do like. With that much happening from so many different musical styles (or if you're there you can just watch films, or make pottery, or do hippie shit, or never leave the campsite and just stumble around chatting to people all weekend) the festival can be whatever you make of it.

As a TV watcher my favourites were Confidence Man, Nia Archives, Justice, Alogte Oho & his Sounds of Joy and Sugarbabes but I'm sure everyone will have different things they did or didn't like :)

People love moaning on social media, and moaning about Glastonbury is now as much of a tradition as the festival itself - especially amongst oldies who haven't come to terms with it not being 1984 or 1994 any more, the good old days when you could watch Proper Bands like Doctor & the Medics or the Thompson Twins.

With 2000 acts across 100 stages it's easy to find a few performers you don't like to point at and say see! its rubbish now!! But it's also easy for anyone whose mind is even slightly open to find something they do like. With that much happening from so many different musical styles (or if you're there you can just watch films, or make pottery, or do hippie shit, or never leave the campsite and just stumble around chatting to people all weekend) the festival can be whatever you make of it.

As a TV watcher my favourites were Confidence Man, Nia Archives, Justice, Alogte Oho & his Sounds of Joy and Sugarbabes but I'm sure everyone will have different things they did or didn't like :)
You'll listen to Doctor and the Medics and you'll like it. AND IF YOU DONT EAT UP ALL YOUR WEATHER REPORT THERE'LL BE NO DESERT :mad:

Last edited:
Is Glastonbury now perceived amongst the public as more of a tv show than actual festival? It’s a big deal on telly now, certainly, and The Guardian seemed to have sent more journalists there to cover it than they have sent out to cover the GE campaigns.
Cos what they show on iPlayer is such a tiny fraction of what can be experienced at any festival, let alone the behemoth that is Glastonbury. You could have so many completely different experiences without any overlaps - it seems reductive to showcase only certain zeitgeisty live acts as it’s so much more than that. Though I guess it must be great to watch if you’re unable to attend festivals and there are live acts you like.
I don’t personally have the attention span to watch it on the telly - I think I would need to be there to be fully involved.
Love reading about it all though, especially complaints from purple dads in armchairs. It’s even more entertaining than reading complaints about BBC 6 Music :D

Is Glastonbury now perceived amongst the public as more of a tv show than actual festival? It’s a big deal on telly now, certainly, and The Guardian seemed to have sent more journalists there to cover it than they have sent out to cover the GE campaigns.
Cos what they show on iPlayer is such a tiny fraction of what can be experienced at any festival, let alone the behemoth that is Glastonbury. You could have so many completely different experiences without any overlaps - it seems reductive to showcase only certain zeitgeisty live acts as it’s so much more than that. Though I guess it must be great to watch if you’re unable to attend festivals and there are live acts you like.
I don’t personally have the attention span to watch it on the telly - I think I would need to be there to be fully involved.
Love reading about it all though, especially complaints from purple dads in armchairs. It’s even more entertaining than reading complaints about BBC 6 Music :D
They only film at a small minority of the stages, but you get to see some cracking shows that you wouldn't otherwise. It was never too intrusive when I went, although it did encourage cunts to being massive fucking flags along that could be spotted on telly, despite the fact that the fucking things block hundreds of peoples views.

Is it just me who finds singing "I Will Fix You" to a fella with an incurable degenerative illness in poor taste?
Try

Try to fix you.

It's a song about support and hope. That you aren't alone in your battle.

(Currently incurable. However, they are still trying to find a cure, alleviate symptoms and improve life expectancy. Michael himself has a foundation to fund research.)

Back
Top Bottom