Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2023

So, I’d never before bothered listening to The War On Drugs as it’s quite frankly one of the worst band names in history.

Turns out that - based in their performance on the Other Stage at any rate - I quite like them. Lead singer chap also wins the prize for possibly the largest set of guitar pedals in history.

Well, basically I just open 'get_iplayer' on my laptop*, paste in the iplayer URL and off it goes, but I guess by doing so I am technically accessing the iplayer.

*You see a command line, type in 'get_player', leave a space, paste in the URL - C:\Users\mike>get_player[space][paste URL]

Then I transfer the files from the laptop to an external hard-drive, to plug into the TV.

Any chance of line by line instructions?

I've downloaded the program, but when I put in the URL it tells me that this is not possible.

Ta.

1687777984529.png

So, I’d never before bothered listening to The War On Drugs as it’s quite frankly one of the worst band names in history.

Turns out that - based in their performance on the Other Stage at any rate - I quite like them. Lead singer chap also wins the prize for possibly the largest set of guitar pedals in history.

I've got the album Lost in the Dream. It's quite a good album but I haven't bothered to listen to any of their newer stuff.

I'll be downloading loads this week, with 'get_iplayer', which converts iplayer files to MP4 format, removing the digital copyright stuff that normally deletes downloads 30 days after you watch them. I am amazed it still works after so many years and the BBC hasn't found a way to stop it.

It does make me laugh, as a tool to crack the digital copyright, it still reminds you that a TV licence is required to access BBC iPlayer TV content legally. :D
Ooh, it's a well kept secret. Don't publicise it too much!

do you actually rewatch them multiple times? they're all free on iPlayer and you just click 'yes' when it says do you have licence, they don't come round and check...

reading lots of reports online about how it seemed busier than ever - too busy. I guess the ship has sailed on that, can't see them reducing numbers.

do you actually rewatch them multiple times? they're all free on iPlayer and you just click 'yes' when it says do you have licence, they don't come round and check...

reading lots of reports online about how it seemed busier than ever - too busy. I guess the ship has sailed on that, can't see them reducing numbers.

It's way way bigger now, i last went in 2016 and did about 14 in the years before that.

I walked from my mates tent to mine and it was 3k ! and we where on the same side of the festival,

also the route to family camping was not direct, all the way from ped gate A past Woodies and up, seemed like a quicker route would be possible.

Hospitality was park right out side Ped Gate A and a straight run to the camp site, :mad:

i walked 104km last week, that's including Monday and Tuesday at my desk job

yeah, the slog of getting about is part of the deal but seems to have ramped up a lot in recent years due to size and crowds. people taking about not going to Shangri La because impossible to get in through crowds, which sounds a bit shit.

yeah, the slog of getting about is part of the deal but seems to have ramped up a lot in recent years due to size and crowds. people taking about not going to Shangri La because impossible to get in through crowds, which sounds a bit shit.

100% more busy everywhere for me, this is why i avoid the big DJ's set and big names in the comedy tent, etc

I would go again, but only off site camping, the getting everything in when you have kids and and out is the killer. hard to enjoy when your physically fucked, but had a blast and saw and did some amazing things.

It's way way bigger now, i last went in 2016 and did about 14 in the years before that.

I walked from my mates tent to mine and it was 3k ! and we where on the same side of the festival,

also the route to family camping was not direct, all the way from ped gate A past Woodies and up, seemed like a quicker route would be possible.

Hospitality was park right out side Ped Gate A and a straight run to the camp site, :mad:

i walked 104km last week, that's including Monday and Tuesday at my desk job

So was hospitality within the fence or outside?

We were in hospitality last couple of times. 2011 was the last one I went to :( )

Biggest bonus was access to the cut through backstage and showers. Other than that it seemed to mostly be full of lower level PR and record company people. And Harry Enfield.

100% more busy everywhere for me, this is why i avoid the big DJ's set and big names in the comedy tent, etc

I would go again, but only off site camping, the getting everything in when you have kids and and out is the killer. hard to enjoy when your physically fucked, but had a blast and saw and did some amazing things.
off-site camping is new to me. is it easier because you can get there quicker than the normal camping?

off-site camping is new to me. is it easier because you can get there quicker than the normal camping?

The idea of just parking , setting up my tent next to the car and then getting into the site for the day is the way forward for me.

when on site I mostly set off for the whole day and only go back to the tent once or twice for something.

only real issue would be passing security each day getting in... :p

no reason why you couldn't carry a small 2 man tent as a base once in and chuck some spare clothes in etc.

i would have done it this way this year, but only got ticket in re sale... and every site was sold out.

Back
Top Bottom