Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2023

Hit after hit, songs that have stood the test of time. Dunno if Elton was ever the greatest of singers, he sure as hell isn't now (Vic Reeves in the club style?) but he's always been and still is a performer.

I was watching at the start with little more than curiosity to see who he brought out as guests, but that was a brilliant set and the finale of Rocket Man was was utterly superb.

I tried to go and see Elton John, but even half an hour before showtime the field was busier than I’ve seen it for a long time, so I decided to do something else. It struck me that I hadn’t been to visit William of Walworth’s memorial properly yet, so I wandered up to it, and got to watch and listen to the crowd for Elton John from across the valley, which was pretty interesting.

In death as in life, he was unable to roll himself a spliff, so I rolled him one, just to keep that Glastonbury tradition alive, and sat there for a good while remembering him. Here’s the view from his memorial from this evening from my visit.

IMG_9042.jpeg

The setting sun was shining through two stones onto the memorial too, which was lovely.

IMG_9044.jpeg

Never been an Elton fan but I enjoyed his set. His voice still holds out and I was surprised at how many of the younger ones were enjoying it too.

Now talking about Rocket Man, which one of you ordered a Domino's?

1a3.png

Imagine sitting there tripping, only to have him buzz over your head.

Still, I suppose it's one way of avoiding the on-site prices.

I'll be downloading loads this week, with 'get_iplayer', which converts iplayer files to MP4 format, removing the digital copyright stuff that normally deletes downloads 30 days after you watch them. I am amazed it still works after so many years and the BBC hasn't found a way to stop it.

It does make me laugh, as a tool to crack the digital copyright, it still reminds you that a TV licence is required to access BBC iPlayer TV content legally. :D

I'll be downloading loads this week, with 'get_iplayer', which converts iplayer files to MP4 format, removing the digital copyright stuff that normally deletes downloads 30 days after you watch them. I am amazed it still works after so many years and the BBC hasn't found a way to stop it.

It does make me laugh, as a tool to crack the digital copyright, it still reminds you that a TV licence is required to access BBC iPlayer TV content legally. :D
So, hypothetically, would one need a TV licence to download the files first or do you give this get_iplayer thing a URL and off it goes ? Hypothetically ?

So, hypothetically, would one need a TV licence to download the files first or do you give this get_iplayer thing a URL and off it goes ? Hypothetically ?

Well, basically I just open 'get_iplayer' on my laptop*, paste in the iplayer URL and off it goes, but I guess by doing so I am technically accessing the iplayer.

*You see a command line, type in 'get_iplayer', leave a space, paste in the URL - C:\Users\mike>get_iplayer[space][paste URL]

Then I transfer the files from the laptop to an external hard-drive, to plug into the TV.

Last edited:
Well, basically I just open 'get_iplayer' on my laptop*, paste in the iplayer URL and off it goes, but I guess by doing so I am technically accessing the iplayer.

*You see a command line, type in 'get_player', leave a space, paste in the URL - C:\Users\mike>get_player[space][paste URL]

Then I transfer the files from the laptop to an external hard-drive, to plug into the TV.
Thank you kindly !

Back
Top Bottom