Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2011

Just a quick question for those of you "in the know"; does anyone know what time the buses start running from Temple Meads on the Wednesday morning? I'm using a different methodology to get there in 2011 and considering an overnight stopover in Brizzle (digs recommendations welcome also).

I know National Express buses start at 08.30 but I'd like to set off a bit earlier from Temple Meads if possible as that first bus doesn't get to Pilton until 09.45.

Not really answering your question, but have you thought about overnighting in a campsite or b&b near the site? There should still be availability in Glastonbury town, if you're quick?

(Or maybe you want to be in Brizzle for other reasons)

Not really answering your question, but have you thought about overnighting in a campsite or b&b near the site? There should still be availability in Glastonbury town, if you're quick?

(Or maybe you want to be in Brizzle for other reasons)

The reason why I want to stay in Brizzle is because it's easy to get there from the Airport. I did consider bussing-it into Glastonbury or Shepton but that would take two hours (and my flight doesn't get in until 21.20) whereas there's a regular shuttle bus that runs straight to Temple Meads and only takes 25 mins.

I've stayed at the Isle of Avalon campsite and thought it was a lovely site but that was by car. Getting there by public transport would be a logistical nightmare or an expensive taxi!

The reason why I want to stay in Brizzle is because it's easy to get there from the Airport. I did consider bussing-it into Glastonbury or Shepton but that would take two hours (and my flight doesn't get in until 21.20) whereas there's a regular shuttle bus that runs straight to Temple Meads and only takes 25 mins.

I've stayed at the Isle of Avalon campsite and thought it was a lovely site but that was by car. Getting there by public transport would be a logistical nightmare or an expensive taxi!

Ah-k, see where you're at.

5.44 train from Temple Meads gets you in at 7.14 at Castle Cary, then the shuttle from there? Ought to beat the earliest NX bus direct.

About half of the people at work couldn't wait to tell me that 2012 had been cancelled. It confused the hell out of me cos as far I was concerned there wasn't a 2012 to start with, which is what I told them. It was quite funny watching them deflate, one by one. People do love to be the bearers of bad news, sometimes, don't they! :D

About half of the people at work couldn't wait to tell me that 2012 had been cancelled. It confused the hell out of me cos as far I was concerned there wasn't a 2012 to start with, which is what I told them. It was quite funny watching them deflate, one by one. People do love to be the bearers of bad news, sometimes, don't they! :D

:D

So according to the old Currant Bun Prince is a nailed on certainty this time around. This pleases me :D

Prince will go some way to making up for the other two...

Fucking hell, Prince! Hope he's not totally shit.

Prince! Prince! Prince! Other than Madonna this is just about my dream Glasto headliner!

He was AMAZING when he played the O2 a few years ago so can't see why Glastonbury next year would be any different.

Prince! Prince! Prince! Other than Madonna this is just about my dream Glasto headliner!

He was AMAZING when he played the O2 a few years ago so can't see why Glastonbury next year would be any different.

Fab. I really really hope it's true now, like you Madonna would probably be my other dream headliner.

has anyone noticed that Take That have a glasto shaped gap in their tour schedule for next year? :hmm:

Stadium of Light, Sunderland – May 30th
City of Manchester Stadium – June 3rd, 4th, 5th, 7th
Millennium Stadium, Cardiff – 14th
Croke Park, Dublin – 18th
Hampden Park, Glasgow – 22nd, 23rd
Villa Park, Birmingham – 27th
Wembley Stadium, London – July 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 5th

I asked him for his autograph just before he went on for his career changing show in 1998, and he told me to fuck off.

So yeah, he can bloody tickle if he thinks I'm watching him at Glasto.

You hear me Robbie? You blew it!

They left the gap so that they can roll around in the mud with the rest of us rather than performing.

I was forever bumping into Robbie at the hot dog vans last year.

Barlow and Owen have dismissed the rumour.

Show's over folks, move along :)

Just as well, cos I can tell you now, I wouldn't have been bloody well watching with Robbie 'pottymouth' Williams on stage with them.

No sir. Not me.

To be honest, they were deluding themselves right from the start if they thought I would have watched them too, I can tell you that for nowt.

Oh well!.....

One of the lads here at work splashed out £450 on 5 tickets for Take That at Wembley this morning. No intention of going himself, just sorting out Christmas presents for all his female relations. Sensible chap! :)

Oh well!.....

One of the lads here at work splashed out £450 on 5 tickets for Take That at Wembley this morning. No intention of going himself, just sorting out Christmas presents for all his female relations. Sensible chap! :)

I was waiting for you to say that he was going to tout them for at least £900 or something.

Something I'd have been tempted to do if it wasn't against my scruples. You just know these tickets are going to sell on at stupid prices.

I was waiting for you to say that he was going to tout them for at least £900 or something.

Something I'd have been tempted to do if it wasn't against my scruples. You just know these tickets are going to sell on at stupid prices.

I got 2 tickets in 2006 for Take That at The Millenium Stadium for £10 from ebay at the last minute...quite the bargain at the time.

I'd be tempted to think the opposite - that's just the kind of thing he'd say if they were playing. :D

Back
Top Bottom