Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2022

We gave up on PSB after three songs, watched the whole Kendrick Lamar set then finished off with Herbie Hancock and his dreamy vocoder 😎

I've only just found out that Volodymyr Zelensky spoke by video link before the Libertines played the Other stage. A friend saw him. Wow, would have loved to have heard that.

Should have been on the Pyramid really imo. Greta Thunberg was (I was there for that one, quite an experience, sombre but moving and inspiring).
My wife asked if I wanted to go see Greta. I said that if I wanted to feel disapproved of by an earnest teenager I could have stayed home with the kids.

And now we get to see how many of us caught Covid there, my mates are starting to test positive. There's gonna be loads aren't there, inevitable really.

I had Covid recently, it started 3 weeks before Glastonbury (caught it at Bearded Theory), but was fortunately recovered enough (just in time!) for it not to affect my festival. Doesn't mean I can't have caught it again though, I've heard of people who've got it twice in quick succession.

I didn't go in many indoor venues, just a couple, and they weren't very full. And this wasn't by design, just how it happened. But I still had loads of close contact/hugs, shared drinks/spliffs, and being squashed shoulder to shoulder in crowds. Hey ho. I decided not to let Covid really change much about how I do festivals, even though I'm still wearing a mask in shops (and seem to be about the only one lately).

I can't believe I'm testing negative to be honest. The levels in the area I was working were high, I was in portacabins with other people for 10 days, and a (very huggy) friend I spent Wednesday night with tested positive on Friday. I was testing regularly on site and was always negative, then just tested myself again this morning and am still negative.

I've only just found out that Volodymyr Zelensky spoke by video link before the Libertines played the Other stage. A friend saw him. Wow, would have loved to have heard that.

Should have been on the Pyramid really imo. Greta Thunberg was (I was there for that one, quite an experience, sombre but moving and inspiring).

They got in as planned on Wednesday night, I haven't heard the story from them yet (they planned to have a telescopic ladder), but im wondering if the paramedic story going around was them as one of them has been doing this trick for years 😆

impressed. I naively thought the big fence had killed off getting in without a ticket a long time ago.

impressed. I naively thought the big fence had killed off getting in without a ticket a long time ago.

I think the over and under the fence is impossible now, needs to be more creative, heard about security brining people in through the disabled area for 2019 for a fee.....

yeah makes sense. still a million ways to blag your way in to varying degrees of legality.

is there a best blags/jibs thread on here?should be

Should be by pm by invitation to trusted parties. Else sensitive techniques are exposed, and loopholes will get closed.
This - some of the forums I’ve been on for other things (manufactured spending to do with gaining air miles / hotel points) have seen their golden gooses killed due to mentioning them online because the forums are monitored by the gamekeepers as well as the poachers

Have Snarky Puppy on now. We seen them live at Love Supreme with our mate Phil O’Sybin a few years ago and they/the set was unbelievable - so far not feeing it.

Just put the avalanches set on iplayer and it has a 'discriminatory language' warning at the start. Would that be because of the 'you're a nut you're crazy in the coconut' bit from frontier psychiatrist?

Edit: Guess not they didn't even play it!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom