Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Glastonbury 2011

yeah it wont be the same without them :(
I cant believe we couldnt get hold of them when we could have sorted them... its so frustrating

Big thanks to binka again... I got the confirmation email about an hour ago. That's four friends who'd given up hope by 12:30, who are over the moon.

Teamwork = Goodness.

Benevolent strangers = Evenbetterness :)

as far as I can work out the place is going to be full of people from Wales... :D
thanks to LMHF for getting mine and my friends, and glad to help to those who I got tix for. :) I was gutted that some of our other friends couldn't get theirs though :(

You're very special. :)

Just got my email so thanks again.

Urbs had a good day today. Mates had a good day. I'm having a lot of feelgood Glastonbury vibes tonight. :)

efests are setting up a list, email thingy.

I think it was pretty successful for the people in it last year.

Thanks hun, will investigate and register to it, send it to them... were gonna make a group effort to get the peeps who missed out on tickets in our group their slice of the action and hope others will join that group effort :)

Hi. I found this forum whilst looking for answers about why 3 people on 3 phone lines and 2 computers working for 4 hours solid didn't manage to get tickets for Glastonbury this year. Been 16 or so years since I last went so current registration process all new to me.

We only ever got to the 'you are in a queue' message on the computer, which periodically went down! From what I've learnt we should have opened extra tabs and refreshed-we were scared of losing our place in the queue so didn't refresh. Lesson learnt for resale of cancellations. Where can we find out about resale dates? efest and FB groups mentioned. Anyone got any other help?

Feel really gutted today. This was my first opportunity to go since 1994. Taken me that long to get cover for looking after my disabled child to allow me to go with my other child. He's now old enough to appreciate the Glasto experience.

Thanks, AnnaGrant (newbie)

To be honest I got my booking window by just having a dozen tabs open. I did do the refresh thing but I got the windows without human intervention when I was checking for info on urban so when the next selling window get as many different browsers open with a dozen tabs each.

Oh and get going early pressing refresh as the system opened about 5 minutes early according to my clock.

Gook luck!

Hey AnnaGrant, sorry to hear you didnt get tickets, there are plenty of people who also didnt get tickets who did open many tabs and refreshed...

The resale dates are usually announced well in advance and the official site will certainly have it so keep checking back. Good luck x

Deposit deadlines are 7th April UK, 3rd March international.

They'll know after those dates how many deposit defaults they've gotten and therefore how many tickets they can release.

So resales sometime after those dates.

Urbs had a good day today. Mates had a good day. I'm having a lot of feelgood Glastonbury vibes tonight. :)
So pleased I managed to get tickets in the end! My efforts were a total fail, never got sight of a booking page once, mate managed to get the page up and added me onto his order.

It's usually me who has been buying for everyone the last few years, just shows you how random the whole thing is.

they don't bother counting kids on the way in do they? i wonder how many that adds to the overall number.

To be honest I got my booking window by just having a dozen tabs open. I did do the refresh thing but I got the windows without human intervention when I was checking for info on urban so when the next selling window get as many different browsers open with a dozen tabs each.

Oh and get going early pressing refresh as the system opened about 5 minutes early according to my clock.

Gook luck!

I really don't think it was anything to do with anything other than blind luck. I did all the things you mention above, in fact I tried every permutation of browsers and tabs and the phone but never got anything other than the queue window.

I think the fact that it sold out in four hours this year rather than the 12 it took last year or the days and months it took from the years before is to do with the previous years weather. In which case, because of the demand, there are a lot of people who won't be lucky. So the ones who aren't lucky clearly never got to the booking page. Thousands of them. And I'd hazard a guess that out of those thousands there will be plenty, like me, who did the early start, loads of tabs, constant F5ing, phoning etc etc and still didn't get to that page.

I think next year we should all do the one for all, all for one thing again as it worked very well this year.

they don't bother counting kids on the way in do they? i wonder how many that adds to the overall number.

The thing is with Glastonbury, Mendip DC don't include kids under 13 towards the overall capacity which is why they don't actually bother counting them or provide them with tickets. Other councils do and so child tickets have to be purchased for the festivals within their jurisdiction at a reduced cost.

I had to rely on others to sort me out yesterday for the first time ever. I got a page to enter my first batch of registration numbers and post codes at 8:53 but it was a dubious looking lo-fi screen and once I entered the details I never saw a verification screen despite hitting refresh constantly for an hour. Strange-Fish had 8 windows open on her work computer & never got a sniff.

However some people have managed to get in again and again. Some used the "back" button but others were able to go back in from the start continuously without a problem. I know one person who bought more than 100 tickets yesterday and the friend who sorted me out for my 9 tickets can't have been far off that number. Between them they pretty much sorted out everybody on that message board plus all their friends and relations.

I can only assume that the problem was entirely down to ISP's. People using 3G mobiles don't seem to have had any problems getting in over & over again. It's a problem which needs to be addressed but for now I'm just bloody grateful for these wonderful internet communities we have and the willingness of people to help one another out when they could quite easily say "right that's me sorted" and got on with their Sundays.

Hate to say it but does anybody else think that maybe we need another mudbath to put some of the fairweather muppets off? 2007 sold out in less than 2 hours and we had the wettest June on record. 2008 didn't sell out until the Thursday of the festival. Jay-Z was blamed but that wasn't the whole story. Last year it sold out within 12 hours but the vast majority of people who wanted to buy a ticket on the day they went on sale were able to do so. This year judging by the sheer volume of people complaining on Facebook & elsewhere it seems that it was massively oversubscribed.

I'll just repeat what I said yesterday.

get over to efests and join whatever email/phone link they're setting up.

then you'll get the nod sharpish - I underdstand last year there were a few tix coming up sporadically - card failures or some such, within a week or two of the first sale.

You've nothing to lose. They're (mainly) very friendly and single minded (about festies) over there.

Hate to say it but does anybody else think that maybe we need another mudbath to put some of the fairweather muppets off? 2007 sold out in less than 2 hours and we had the wettest June on record. 2008 didn't sell out until the Thursday of the festival. Jay-Z was blamed but that wasn't the whole story.

it's always about the weather. :)

even 2008 wasn't sunny enough - i didn't buy mine until the end of January in 2009 because I was going through a 'too-old' phase.

I had to rely on others to sort me out yesterday for the first time ever. I got a page to enter my first batch of registration numbers and post codes at 8:53 but it was a dubious looking lo-fi screen and once I entered the details I never saw a verification screen despite hitting refresh constantly for an hour. Strange-Fish had 8 windows open on her work computer & never got a sniff.

However some people have managed to get in again and again. Some used the "back" button but others were able to go back in from the start continuously without a problem. I know one person who bought more than 100 tickets yesterday and the friend who sorted me out for my 9 tickets can't have been far off that number. Between them they pretty much sorted out everybody on that message board plus all their friends and relations.

I can only assume that the problem was entirely down to ISP's. People using 3G mobiles don't seem to have had any problems getting in over & over again. It's a problem which needs to be addressed but for now I'm just bloody grateful for these wonderful internet communities we have and the willingness of people to help one another out when they could quite easily say "right that's me sorted" and got on with their Sundays.

Hate to say it but does anybody else think that maybe we need another mudbath to put some of the fairweather muppets off? 2007 sold out in less than 2 hours and we had the wettest June on record. 2008 didn't sell out until the Thursday of the festival. Jay-Z was blamed but that wasn't the whole story.

Wanting 2007 conditions?

I think you've gone, momentarily, mental.

You almost jacked it in after that, remember ;)

Back
Top Bottom