• Change Uk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buckethead

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • Not Voting

Votes: 17 22.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's not binary. Brexit party is a brexit party. Libdems and greens are explicitly remain parties, as are Plaid and the SNP. Neither labour nor the tories are explicitly either.
That is true.

However...the tweet was about Scotland, even though it was only the second part. 60% (plus the unannounced Greens at 4%.)

I admit the main tweet was an arguable one about the UK.

Mildly interesting that of the parties who actually have a position, I suspect remain (libdem lice; green; chunks, PC; SNP) may be slightly ahead of leavers (Brexit; ukip)
at the moment. No point posting figures as Scotland hasn't declared and there are plenty of other seats to go, but it might end up close.

I'd argue you can't spin that into a 'remain won'/'it was close' narrative as most of those voting tory probably want Brexit to happen. As for labour, fuck knows what they stand for... Anyway, all of that will be swept aside as the results will be taken as a simply story of 'farage won/the tories need to elect boris johnson'.

Edit: Brexit + ukip slightly pulling away after North West. London result was probably keeping Remain in the hunt.

Last edited:
I'm confused, how do we know what robinson got, but we don't know the North West result as a whole? I thought they just fed the figures into a formula that gave the seats per party i.e. there are no 2nd preferences to redistribute, counting stages etc?

Fortunately thanks to the generous donations of gullible idiots true patriots he was able to hire security to keep himself alive. Otherwise he might have drowned.

Mildly interesting that of the parties who actually have a position, I suspect remain (libdem lice; green; chunks, PC; SNP) may be slightly ahead of leavers (Brexit; ukip)
at the moment. No point posting figures as Scotland hasn't declared and there are plenty of other seats to go, but it might end up close.

I'd argue you can't spin that into a 'remain won'/'it was close' narrative as most of those voting tory probably want Brexit to happen. As for labour, fuck knows what they stand for... Anyway, all of that will be swept aside as the results will be taken as a simply story of 'farage won/the tories need to elect boris johnson'.
I agree that you shouldn't read too much into it, but I would dispute the assumption that the rump who stuck with the tories are majority leave. I don't think we can really assume that. And if you're going to assume that, the majority of labour voters voted remain in the ref, so you'd have to also assume the majority of labour voters this election are some kind of remain.

tbh I don't see how anyone can spin this in a way that isn't 'it is close between leave/remain'.

I'm confused, how do we know what robinson got, but we don't know the North West result as a whole? I thought they just fed the figures into a formula that gave the seats per party i.e. there are no 2nd preferences to redistribute, counting stages etc?

north west seems to have declared

nw.png

They did give a result for the north west seat allocation. Robinson didn't win one.

Only scotland and northern ireland not declared and i don't they are expected until tommorow.

They did give a result for the north west seat allocation. Robinson didn't win one.

Only scotland and northern ireland not declared and i don't they are expected until tommorow.
Cheers. I was seeing reports of robinson's failure before the overall result had been announced.

If the GE happens before then this might suggest that far from the Remain surge being manageable in the South, Corbyn himself could lose his seat.
Absolute fucking cobblers. The idea that you can extrapolate from these results to GE shows that you have no clue what you are talking about.

Like I said before no intellectual honesty.

Back
Top Bottom