• Change Uk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buckethead

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • Not Voting

Votes: 17 22.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Perhaps it might be because it isn't a "burning issue" for most people?

It is a bit of an issue for the Brexit Party, arguing as it is, that the very fabric of democracy is at stake. It merely demonstrates that ‘no deal’ is the fantasy of a noisy minority and nothing more.

It also doesn’t say much for those desperate to stay in the EU.

Always dangerous to call but it looks like ( based on turnout and some reports from NW constituences) that SYL won't be going to Brussels .

Denmark Social Democrats who switched to a harder line red immigration but have a fairly left economic policy forecast to do well and far right vote forecast to plummet.

greens doing well accross the board according to various exit polls. far right groups not as well as some feared. Lots of updates here - European elections 2019: major losses projected for centrist blocs – live
I just said this on another thread.
Anyway I can almost write tomorrows summary the papers now - far right didn't manage to breakthrough - conveniently ignoring the fact that the supposed "underperformance" is as much a fiction as the overhyped "breakthrough".
This repeated spin about the supposed underperformance of hard right parties (by the press, not you) is not merely silly, it's dangerous.

greens doing well accross the board according to various exit polls. far right groups not as well as some feared. Lots of updates here - European elections 2019: major losses projected for centrist blocs – live

Think the greens will do well in UK as well.

There was a site with an analysis of the best prospect for keeping the Brexit party at bay in each constituency and it was recommending Green a lot of the time. Not sure whether that might have helped them.

It's a pretty natural vote for the sizeable pro-EU contingent right now.

Looks like I was right about Plaid doing pretty well, coming second and handily beating Labour nationally. Drakesford will be very concerned about the Cardiff result, although it's not like Welsh Labour have been doing very much recently to encourage anyone to vote for them.

Denmark Social Democrats who switched to a harder line red immigration but have a fairly left economic policy forecast to do well and far right vote forecast to plummet.
They we going Euro election mad when I was in Copenhagen last week. I've never seen so much active canvassing in a European city. There wasn't a single lamppost or bridge in Copenhagen or Roskilde that wasn't plastered with placards.

Pernille Skipper was getting my vote in honour of twentythreedom , well that and she looked a lot more interesting than her counterparts :oops:

GetImage.ashx

Saw that - 2nd ref and remain. I suppose if you're a political wonk and just see the greens & libdems stacking up the votes it almost makes sense. If you take into account that you're trading a big chunk of your historical constituency for a transient temporary block, less so. Obviously.
I think it shows how crap these people are. Whatever the political arguments there are for a 2nd referendum electorally Labour is just punching itself in its face.

EDIT: amazing exit polls for the League in Italy - 27-31%.

Emily Thornberry sits in a BBC studio and sees the Front National top the poll - ‘the people against the politicians’ - and then calls for labour to come out as a full on remain party.

Astonishing. She should be sacked tonight

This is the Labour dilemma though isn't it, they are losing votes from Leave and Remain. Where Remainers get the idea that going full Remain would be a guaranteed GE winner I have no idea.

This is the first time Plaid have beaten Labour nationally in Wales, but interestingly they are not beating Labour in the seats they'd have to - Torfaen, Caerphilly, Blaenau Gwent - in order to have a chance of winning the next Assembly election outright.

Well, electorally, that what it comes down to - seats not votes. Yes Lab will lose votes in constituencies like mine to the LDs, Greens, but so what they will still keep the seat. To form a (majority) government they need to take seats of Tories, often in areas where a majority voted for Leave. That means having a policy that Leave voters can accept even if they don't like.

Back
Top Bottom