• Change Uk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buckethead

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • Not Voting

Votes: 17 22.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do we start hearing results tonight then? Polls only shut at 10pm in some countries but we must have done the count over here by now.

Is that how it works even? I don't normally pay much attention to EU elections but I'm interested to see just how badly it's gone for the Tories with this one.

Do we start hearing results tonight then? Polls only shut at 10pm in some countries but we must have done the count over here by now.

Is that how it works even? I don't normally pay much attention to EU elections but I'm interested to see just how badly it's gone for the Tories with this one.
5pm BST

Most vote on Sunday, only 6 or 7 countries vote earlier.

There's a list of expected result times via link below, London around 2 am on Mon, Scotland not until 11 am - the Western Isles are lazy & don't start counting until Mon., and finally NI around 6 pm on Tue.

European elections 2019: When will results be announced in the UK?

:thumbs:

I mean it's higher than normal. Sure its the biggest democratic process in the world but its also pointless/boring.

Take into account I'm 4000 miles away, so I'm obviously not the best judge of these things but I just presumed that such a 'burning issue' of our day would have at least pushed the turnout over the 50% mark.

Damn you my twitter timeline. (Insert pic of older man shaking angry fist at cloud.)

tv-simpsons-old-man-yells-at-cloud.jpg

Take into account I'm 4000 miles away, so I'm obviously not the best judge of these things but I just presumed that such a 'burning issue' of our day would have at least pushed the turnout over the 50% mark.

That was never going to happen TBH, it's slightly up on last time, and IIRC it dropped below 30% one time.

The Euro elections have always been treated as a joke, because they are pointless, and resulted in low turnouts, not just here, but the average across the EU tends to be around only 40%.

That was never going to happen TBH, it's slightly up on last time, and IIRC it dropped below 30% one time.

The Euro elections have always been treated as a joke, because they are pointless, and resulted in low turnouts, not just here, but the average across the EU tends to be around only 40%.

I understand all that, but you can't deny that for many people these Euro-Elections have a much more heightened importance. (On both sides of the divide.) Whoever 'wins', you know they are going to flog it for all its worth. That's why I'm surprised there hasn't been a higher turnout.

Damn you my twitter timeline. (Insert pic of older man shaking angry fist at cloud.)

To be fair Brexit is the burning issue. A lot of people either think we shouldn't be taking part in the elections because we voted to leave or want the UK to remain in the EU but don't have strong views on the European Parliament or who represents them in it.

I understand all that, but you can't deny that for many people these Euro-Elections have a much more heightened importance. (On both sides of the divide.) Whoever 'wins', you know they are going to flog it for all its worth. That's why I'm surprised there hasn't been a higher turnout.

Some people want to use the elections to either reaffirm or challenge the vote to leave. But they're not particularly interested in what happens in the European Parliament. And they're a minority clearly!

any exit polls about to announced? we going to know anything anytime soon?

Nothing can be announced until after 10 pm tonight, not sure if an exit poll even happened in the UK, the lack of any reports of such a poll, would suggest one wasn't carried out.

* Note, both Holland & Ireland published exit polls, which seems in breach of EU rules, from what I've read, but I haven't been arsed to look into it in detail TBH.

Back
Top Bottom