• Change Uk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buckethead

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • Not Voting

Votes: 17 22.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When do we get the results? Do we have to wait until Sunday?

Yes, results start to be declared from 10 pm Sunday, full results on Monday, with the exception of NI, which IIRC correctly declares on Tuesday, because they use the single transferable vote system rather than the party list system, so loads of re-counts.

Yes, results start to be declared from 10 pm Sunday, full results on Monday, with the exception of NI, which IIRC correctly declares on Tuesday, because they use the single transferable vote system rather than the party list system, so loads of re-counts.
You'd hope when they declare the results will be declared correctly everywhere

Not like anyone’s going to be able to claim a mandate on such a low turnout, although it won’t stop them trying.

Perhaps they should introduce compulsory voting ...

There must be just a hardcore of enthusiasts on either side. Only 6 million could be arsed to sign the revoke petition ..

How they’re playing it here:

View attachment 171949

That's not entirely consistent with the official policy, which states a preference for Labour's Brexit Plan over a second vote:

Labour has put forward an alternative plan to seek a close and cooperative relationship with the European Union, including a new comprehensive customs union with a UK say, close single market alignment, guaranteed rights and standards, and the protection of the Good Friday peace agreement in Northern Ireland.

We believe such a deal could bring our country back together and deliver on the result of the referendum. However, the Government has refused to listen and compromise. They have spent more of the last three years arguing among themselves than negotiating a good deal for the people of Britain.

Labour will continue to oppose the Government’s bad deal or a disastrous no deal. And if we can’t get agreement along the lines of our alternative plan, or a general election, Labour backs the option of a public vote.

Interesting graph here showing turnout - it's mostly up, but much more up in remain-leaning areas, and actually down in some leave-leaning. Make of that what you will...

D7U3tfZW0AEIePN.png

Met a friend for coffee who would normally vote Green or Labour but voted LibDem as the strongest Remain option :(

have I been fooled by a dotted line Kabbes?
There’s definitely a strong trend, I just dispute that it’s the one they’ve plotted. If anything, I think that a trend more carefully calibrated would indicate an even stronger relationship than the one shown. Cambridge is having an unduly strong influence on the plotted slope.

Check this out: Influential Points in Regression

let's see the results first.

here's some more turnout figures fwiw. Pretty clear pattern I'd say.

D7VPoWeXYAEuWeM.png:large
Don't disagree, but I don't necessarily think we have to wait for the results to see that, faced with a No-Dealer leading the tories, if the LP art to claw back the primary opposition position they'll have to pivot to a position of clarity. Otherwise it'll be 20% each for LP & LD with Johnson+Farage mopping up the rest.

People have been expecting a pivot from Labour for three years now: it hasn't come. If Labour do something like the mid 20s or more figures some polls were predicting, and Brexit don't do as well as predicted, then I'd say there'll be no pivot. If Labour come third then maybe. I dunno though. There's obviously a plan for the general election, and I don't think it's 'lets run the referendum again!'

People have been expecting a pivot from Labour for three years now: it hasn't come. If Labour do something like the mid 20s or more figures some polls were predicting, and Brexit don't do as well as predicted, then I'd say there'll be no pivot. If Labour come third then maybe. I dunno though. There's obviously a plan for the general election, and I don't think it's 'lets run the referendum again!'
I doubt that 'let's run the referendum again' is the LP's favoured GE strategy, but their problem arises from the fact that their governing opponents have little option but that strategy. The only counter to continued tory wipeout will be a 'hard' Brexit position that shoots Farage's fox, and the LP will have to play that.

FWIW...my prediction of Sunday's European Election result for the UK (change on 2017 GE):

• Brexit: 33% +33%
  • Lab: 19% -21%
  • LD: 16% +8%
  • Con: 12% -30%
  • Green: 8% +6%
  • ChUK: 4% +4%
  • UKIP: 3% +1%
  • Oth: 4%

let's see the results first.

here's some more turnout figures fwiw. Pretty clear pattern I'd say.

D7VPoWeXYAEuWeM.png:large

Is that really a "pretty clear pattern"? It looks to me like the bottom end has correlation - i.e. "out" areas had normal/lower turnouts but at the top, 4 out of the top 10 higher turnouts were out areas and 9 out of the top 20 - that doesn't really look like a correlation to me?

It does begin to seem like far from delivering the Brexit Party’s coup, it’s just going to be as you were with the balance of Leave/Remain, if anything worse for Leave.

Much bigger deal if they could win a by-election.

Is that really a "pretty clear pattern"? It looks to me like the bottom end has correlation - i.e. "out" areas had normal/lower turnouts but at the top, 4 out of the top 10 higher turnouts were out areas and 9 out of the top 20 - that doesn't really look like a correlation to me?
The bottom 10 are all out, seven of them strongly out (counting strongly as <40%). Six of top ten are remain, and the other four are all only weakly out. In fact all the strongly out are in the bottom 20. Strong pattern, I'd say.

Back
Top Bottom