Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England Cricket 2023

How much more time will this fucking lying idiot be given while he continues his lucrative speaking tour? Do you all honestly believe that all of these people, Vaughan, Root, Bresnan, Adiil Rashid, the list goes on, are lying?

Fuck off. Vaughan is a bigot. Root didn’t want to get involved even though he lived with Gary Ballance. Bresnan is our favourite racist naan. Rashid backed up Rafiq!?

Why are you consistently anti anti-racist?

If the ball is good enough then I'm all for it.

But scrap day night tests. Shit idea.

Balls can't be worse than last season's Dukes.

Wouldn’t you like to be able to go after work to watch a FC match? Be that county or country.
I'd like to watch a full day of a test. That means taking the day off anyway.

When it's been done here, people have been leaving by 9pm to catch trains home. Ground half-empty by close of play. Vastly different conditions across the day. It just doesn't work.

Nip in for a session of a CC match? Yeah maybe. Tbh I don't go to CC matches. Only ever been once. Evening t20 yes, that's what it's made for. I also do 50 over county cricket but again that's a day off work whether d/n or not.

I'd like to watch a full day of a test. That means taking the day off anyway.

When it's been done here, people have been leaving by 9pm to catch trains home. Ground half-empty by close of play. Vastly different conditions across the day. It just doesn't work.

Nip in for a session of a CC match? Yeah maybe. Tbh I don't go to CC matches. Only ever been once. Evening t20 yes, that's what it's made for. I also do 50 over county cricket but again that's a day off work whether d/n or not.
It does make viewing times for overseas games much more palatable to UK audiences though. That's one good thing about them.

The NZ warm up match is apparently on youtube tonight. If you’re up for screwing your sleep patterns.

F391F751-8449-49B4-A00D-2FF39679AFAD.jpeg

They missed Broad’s contribution of 24 from 15. Including 1 6 and 3 4s @ SR 160 - The Shitehawk :cool:

Flat pitch. Mediocre bowlers. Can't read much into that. Dont know why they didn't give their bowlers a run for 20 overs under the lights.

Flat pitch. Mediocre bowlers. Can't read much into that. Dont know why they didn't give their bowlers a run for 20 overs under the lights.

Could be the dew, could be head games, fancied an early jar and game of pool?

Don’t forget Kyle Jamieson is a very good bowler indeed.

Could be the dew, could be head games, fancied an early jar and game of pool?

Don’t forget Kyle Jamieson is a very good bowler indeed.

The NZ actual test team will be utterly toothless against that onslaught I saw on the highlights. I take it no Boult? The English batsmen were just swatting away knowing if they caught in the deep they'd still have their place next game. Brilliant.

Cricinfo reckons Anderson and Robinson are shoe-ins for the first test, so Broad, Potts and Stone are all vying for one spot.

That’s disapointing but it’ll be a test of bazball to see if a result can be wangled in the remaining time.

Looking at the forecast, they should be ok for the match as long as the ground survives the storms. Thursday is dodgy but it clears up by Friday.

I'm annoyed it's a pink ball test. Mount Maunganui, of all places. Why? Surely you want to sit on those grass banks in the sun?

They’ve gone with Broad instead of Stone. I’m guessing to get some competitive cricket under his belt before the Ashes. An in-form Stone would likely get more wickets but with Archer and Wood fit, he’ll be in 3rd place for the speed merchant slot.

Broad has a decent record in NZ. Everywhere except Mount Maunganui where he played one wicketless test with a good economy rate.

I think he's worth backing. LBJ reckons he should have been slung out about 4 years ago. :)

NZ is the one country where you win the toss and bowl. I'd be tempted by Broad on a green top under lights. But I suspect all the seamers are going to be itching to play on that. Flat pitch there last time, mind - was that where Archer was idiotically bowled into the dirt?

Slightly surprised to see Broad tbh but it does make sense in the context of the current team culture I think. The conditions should suit him and I think they have faith in him still. He did do well last summer in that first change role.

There's a bit of an ethical difficulty in dropping him as well given that he didn't do anything wrong, he missed games because of the birth of his child. Obviously you can present it as 'not selected' rather than 'dropped' but it's not a clear distinction is it. There was a similar case on the Ozzy side not that long ago if I remember rightly that caused some internal trouble.

He didn't do anything wrong, but I'm quite hard-nosed about that. If he's not considered the right choice, he shouldn't be selected, particularly in this case where the two who were vying with him for a place also didn't play in Pakistan. It's representative sport, so you playing means someone else not playing. And you missing games, whatever the reason, is always a risk.

But he did do well last summer and conditions do look like they will suit him, so I have no issue with him playing. I also wouldn't have had an issue with Potts or Stone playing, though. England's seam bowling pantry is very well stocked.

Back
Top Bottom