Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

England Cricket 2023

tbf Woakes is only a good bowler in English conditions. And Wood will play three tests out of five tops.

England have both a ridiculously deep stock of decent seamers at the moment and a ridiculously long list of injuries. :(

Weather forecast for the Ireland game is good atm. That helps their batters, perhaps not their bowlers. I hope Josh Little is playing. He is high class and will cause England problems. What they'll get from the other end, I'm not so sure.

I assume they'll be pretending it's a 96-overs-a-day match again. Good weather plus 90 overs a day should be enough.

I don't blame him for taking the IPL final. It's just sad that test cricket has been devalued in this way. If Ireland are to grow in test cricket, they need their best players available. And right now, Little is their best player.

Cricket's a silly game. Batters can't get anywhere near Potts, who's moving it both ways. Broad looking pretty ramrod straight. Broad gets three wickets.

Broad has bowled well, but Potts probably the pick of the bowlers with just one wicket to show for it. Tongue looks decent - bowling above 140 ks and good bounce. Leach has burgled a couple of wickets.

Ireland will be a bit disappointed, I think. Some poor shots in there.

Ireland's attack looks very County Championship. Swing bowlers at 130 ks. MF rather than FM. The one X-factor bowler they have is Little, who hits 140 ks. He's a big miss.

Crawley could easily make 100 here, but it won't tell us too much about how he'll deal with Cummins, Hazlewood and co.

Ireland's attack looks very County Championship. Swing bowlers at 130 ks. MF rather than FM. The one X-factor bowler they have is Little, who hits 140 ks. He's a big miss.

Crawley could easily make 100 here, but it won't tell us too much about how he'll deal with Cummins, Hazlewood and co.

Little was a bit of a flop in the IPL. But yes, he'd at least be more than a nets bowler like this current attack.

Little was a bit of a flop in the IPL. But yes, he'd at least be more than a nets bowler like this current attack.
No he wasn't. Played most of the games, including the final, and finished with a runners up medal. Bowled well in conditions that were very tough for bowlers.

He was a super-sub in the final and got tonked
He was a super sub (or was subbed) every game. All that means is that he didn't bat. One of this year's biggest stars, Gill, was also a 'super sub'. Didn't field. It's not the same as coming on as a sub in football.

Yes he bowled two overs in that match and was tonked. Doesn't mean he was a flop. He had a strong enough showing to keep his place in possibly the best bowling lineup of the tournament. Anyone can get tonked in t20. Even Rashid got tonked in that final.

He was a super sub every game. All that means is that he didn't bat. One of this year's biggest stars, Gill, was also a 'super sub'. Didn't field. It's not the same as coming on as a sub in football.

Yes he bowled two overs in that match and was tonked. Doesn't mean he was a flop. He had a strong enough showing to keep his place in possibly the best bowling lineup of the tournament. Anyone can get tonked in t20. Even Rashid got tonked in that final.

I don't think he'll be picked up again in the IPL. Amazed he was in the first place. If you're gonna use a bowler purely for his bowling, get Boult or Starc. And I don't think bowling two over spells is T20 is much prep for a 5 (or in this case, 2) day test at lords.

Did you watch any of the ipl? If you bat at 11 you very rarely bat anyway.

Boult/Starc are good examples of bowlers who can slog a bit so won't be chosen as impact subs. I think you've misunderstood the dynamic here.

I'll be very surprised if Little isn't picked up again next year.

Ireland are least flying the flag for out of shape middle aged men who clearly enjoy a Guinness or two. Not the most athletic of sides I've ever seen grace a field.

Why is Hussain saying 'this was an excellent day of Test cricket'. No, it wasn't. Men against boys. Declaration by tea tomorrow. Quite possibly over by stumps.

Its definitely not good prep for Starc/Cummins/Hazlewood no. I guess nobody else was available. They should at least warm up against an England A side.

Back
Top Bottom