Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Donald Trump, the road that might not lead to the White House!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didnt realise hed said this about John McCain: 'He’s not a war hero. He’s a war hero because he was captured? I like people who weren’t captured.’

:facepalm:
This from a well documented draft dodger, just what will it take to sicken the US of this bloke?

I've been on the verge of a huge facebook rant all day, which would be subtly but unmistakably directed at all my casually racist, gun-loving, Fox news watching co-workers I accidentally friended this past year, and other friends and relatives who are conservative/Republican/racist.
It's becoming really hard to hold back actually.

This year has been a real eye opener. I have never heard so many people talk so openly and so mind-bogglingly stupidly about race and immigration etc, including people I liked and assumed shared my values.

I know that posting on the ol' facefuck is not going to do any good and is just going to alienate me even further at work, but still...ugh. It's hard to keep my mouth shut. :(
What a sad and fucked up time we are living in.

I've been on the verge of a huge facebook rant all day, which would be subtly but unmistakably directed at all my casually racist, gun-loving, Fox news watching co-workers I accidentally friended this past year, and other friends and relatives who are conservative/Republican/racist.
It's becoming really hard to hold back actually.

This year has been a real eye opener. I have never heard so many people talk so openly and so mind-bogglingly stupidly about race and immigration etc, including people I liked and assumed shared my values.

I know that posting on the ol' facefuck is not going to do any good and is just going to alienate me even further at work, but still...ugh. It's hard to keep my mouth shut. :(
What a sad and fucked up time we are living in.

Leave fuckbook, before you are contaminated.

Not a reaction - both petitions were started before he came out with this latest shit.

Remember some of us have been the subject of Trumps ire for a lot longer than this particular campaign has been going.
Elaborate, please do;)

Leave fuckbook, before you are contaminated.

I actually like my facebook feed, to clarify, as I have the posts of most of the people I don't like hidden, but it's just knowing that they're still on there and I could address them all in some biting/shaming way that's so tempting right now while I'm fuming about this.

I actually like my facebook feed, to clarify, as I have the posts of most of the people I don't like hidden, but it's just knowing that they're still on there and I could address them all in some biting/shaming way that's so tempting right now while I'm fuming about this.
Gave up on FB many years ago when I realised how easy it is for strangers to manipulate it and come back and bite you on the arse, so be careful about allowing yourself to respond to temptation, I tend to stick to open forums such as here as a consequence.

My facebook (other than the one post mentioned elsewhere on the forums) has been rather quiet about Trump. Which is surprising really.

Directions please?
:)

Scotland Forum.

And if you click that Aberdeen Voice link posted here earlier and browse the Trump topic, you will see more recent stuff - Sadly, the most vitriolic stuff on local websites/press is long-gone.

This may also help
'
Trump opponent suffered racist abuse

aberdeen.jpg

michael-and-police.jpg

Last edited:
I signed tis petition pretty much as soon as you posted it. It was on a hundred and something signatures. It is now on twenty-four thousand and seven hundred. :cool:

But if he is refused access to the UK can Scotland's SNP overrule the decision and allow him to enter Scotland?

You mean the simple little poll in his pet paper that got pulled within a couple of hours when it started going against him?
TBH? Haven't got a clue,but if you want to direct me to a more definitive source than I'm more than willing to be educated?

Golf, I suspect might have a large part to play in that.

Golf? The waste of a good walk? Could be, then again I can recollect something about elitist golf clubs denying locals access to areas they have enjoyed for centuries, doubt if something like that could happen in Bonnie Scotland;)

Yet again, I have no idea, :D I was having a laugh. After the Fool's latest pronouncements I decided that it was best for my sanity not to take the whole thing seriously; not that I was taking his pronouncements all that seriously beforehand. ;)

TBH? Haven't got a clue,but if you want to direct me to a more definitive source than I'm more than willing to be educated?

Much of this is long-gone - esp the shit that Aberdeen Journals produced and a lot of what remained was very effectively sanitised after they were sold to DC Thomson, Similarly, the Scotsman has edited their formerly huge topic to a mere outline of what went-on and Grampian TV has changed hands to STV with a similar purge of their archives, so you will just have to take my word for it - and there isn't much else either way. Despite Trump's grand claims about "percentages" and "approval ratings", the reality is that most of his figures were made-up on the hoof - much like the 4-billion, no 2-billion, no 1.6-billion, no 600 million, no 180-million, well 53-million spend on the scheme and the tens of - no several thousand - no eight hundred, well 95 actually, number of jobs created.

Andy Wightman did a pretty good summary/timeline of the whole debacle - think its linked off one of the links above and there is quite a bit in the public inquiry archive that is linked in the other thread - but other than tactics, that's probably the best place for it, not here.

Maybe the best illustration of Trump's reality gap is that the "5-star diamond" resort he claimed would have billionaires positively fighting to spend their dosh at is now in the market for twenty-quid midweek dinners and had to reduce the price of their Christmas dinners from 80-odd quid to £49!

And for a real laugh, try looking at their tee-times webpage when the course is open. Very empty!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom