Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Check in when you have voted in the 2024 general election

Have you voted yet?

• Yes, postally

• Yes, in person

• No, not yet - I will change my answer when I do

• I will not be voting in this election

Results are only viewable after voting.
There were no tory tellers at my polling station which was a shame as I was wearing my “Fuck the Tories” badge specially for them.

I intend to say something like, 'I am surprised you're showing your faces here today, after the total mess the party has made of being in government, it's so bad, that despite holding this area since the 1880s, you're just about to lose it, you have even forced me to vote Labour for the first time in my life.'

* Thus implying I am normally a Tory voter, whereas I've voted Green around here before.

Just voted. Not really busy. Only party rep outside was some scruffy fucker from Reform. Labour have a good chance of taking the seat, Aldershot, from the vermin for the first time ever.

Voted weeks ago by post. Wondering now if theres anyway to check my vote was counted? i dont completely trust the post office to deliver anymore

If your constituency has a whatsapp group, you could ask how many people voted the same way as you, then check the number against the final result. If it’s off by one, you have a clear grievance and can challenge your postie to single combat to settle the matter.

Walked over at about 11.30, listening to More Specials there and back - seemed appropriate.

A steady trickle in and out, not sure if that's normal for midmorning as I don't usually vote till the evening time. LD rep outside, I declined his interaction.

I think there's a wider point in that the tellers here tend to be the local councillors so it reinforces their presence in the community for future local elections too.

We only have LibDem councillors in my small part of the constituency which might explain why there was only a LibDem teller at my polling station! :D
Never had any "tellers" (of any party) at my polling station although my mum has mentioned seeing tory ones at her polling station before. Should be illegal IMO.

Maybe it's a marginal seat thing?

Never had any "tellors" (of any party) at my polling station although my mum has mentioned seeing tory ones at her polling station before. Should be illegal IMO.

They’re only allowed to display their badges and banners outside the polling place. They are allowed in to chat to the polling staff (“how’s turnover? Is it brisk?” etc), but must remove or cover insignia. Although rosettes without words or logos are allowed.

Voted about 11.30. turnout pretty good, constant stream of people.

Both commercial and party polling thinks it could be pretty tight & but its all over the place. Apart from the absolute certainty that the Tories won't keep their hitherto 20k majority, anything out to a a 5k Labour majority is in play.
IMG_20240704_121326453_HDR.jpg

Never had any "tellers" (of any party) at my polling station although my mum has mentioned seeing tory ones at her polling station before. Should be illegal IMO.

I'm in an ultra-safe Tory seat * and we've always had tellers at the polling stations here.

* Historically ultra-safe and sadly, even now, it looks like the Tory will be returned to parliament. :(

I'm in an ultra-safe Tory seat * and we've always had tellers at the polling stations here.

* Historically ultra-safe and sadly, even now, it looks like the Tory will be returned to parliament. :(
Maybe it's just a thing some local parties do and some don't then. I'm in a safe labour seat and never seen that here.

Maybe it's just a thing some local parties do and some don't then. I'm in a safe labour seat and never seen that here.
There are very few local parties with the volunteers to cover all the polling places in their constituency. It’s more likely they’ll do a tour and cover most at some point during the day. So high chance you won’t overlap.

Votes x 3 from our household. Rugby - Tory held since its inception in 2010, widely expected to go Labour.

Persuaded in this instance to give the Tories a shoeing with NOTHING the Labour Party has done as a positive reason. Like all the "red wall" voters who lent theirs to the Conservatives for Brexit purposes, I've lent mine to Labour - I am not a supporter at all, and (short of Starmer whipping off his horrific Starmer mask to reveal at least some form of vaguely left politics) they won't keep it.

They’re only allowed to display their badges and banners outside the polling place. They are allowed in to chat to the polling staff (“how’s turnover? Is it brisk?” etc), but must remove or cover insignia. Although rosettes without words or logos are allowed.
Although 'outside' the polling place/station is usually still inside the building, or at least that's been the case where ever I've voted.

Although 'outside' the polling place/station is usually still inside the building, or at least that's been the case where ever I've voted.
Yes. It can be in the entrance but not in the room that contains the booths. Also they are not meant to speak to electors who haven’t yet voted in the room with the booths. Mostly they’ll stay on the safe side and not speak to you unless you’re leaving. But you always get some who like to push the boundaries.

Voted earlier (Labour). Place was pretty busy and when I asked the clerks if they'd been busy through the morning they said yes, so hopefully that's a good sign for turnout. No party tellers thank fuck - though I suspect the lib bastards will be loitering outside from teatime onwards as they put a lot of effort into this ward.

Yes. It can be in the entrance but not in the room that contains the booths. Also they are not meant to speak to electors who haven’t yet voted in the room with the booths. Mostly they’ll stay on the safe side and not speak to you unless you’re leaving. But you always get some who like to push the boundaries.
I didn't know about the bit I've put in bold. When I was a teller I was instructed to ask for the elector's polling number when they entered the building. That seems to be consistent with my experiences as a voter since.

There is a problem with waiting until after people have voted as, in recent years, the polling staff seem to ask if you want them to dispose of your polling card rather than keep it. If you let them keep it, you might not know your polling number to give it to the tellers *.

ETA: * Assuming you want to help them out.

I didn't know about the bit I've put in bold. When I was a teller I was instructed to ask for the elector's polling number when they entered the building. That seems to be consistent with my experiences as a voter since.

There is a problem with waiting until after people have voted as, in recent years, the polling staff seem to ask if you want them to dispose of your polling card rather than keep it. If you let them keep it, you might not know your polling number to give it to the tellers.
Yes, you can ask before they’ve entered the room that houses the booths. But you’re not meant to do anything that can be seen as influencing their vote once they’re in the “inner sanctum”. It’s to stop Tory landowners guiding their indentured servants’ hands on the ballot paper.

Back
Top Bottom