Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bullshitting Brexiteer hypocrite James Dyson to relocate Dyson head office from UK to Singapore

Singapore cannot function without masses of cheap migrant labour and an unnoticed black economy behind the super clean polite Singapore facade

To be fair, it’s not even clean and nor are the inhabitants polite. I’ve seen 20 something men with gfs who’d heavily changed the shape of their fave with plastic surgery whistling at 70-odd year old waiters for their attention. It’s a grotesque philistine paradise.

My auntie is from Singapore. She describes it as a place of hellish inequality and corruption, with some nice shiny things piled on top.

I met an old lass in the police station when I was registering my address there, her husband had died 4 hours previously. She’d had to pay all medical bills before leaving the hossie to go and get the death certificate from the cop shop.

The IP moves, the corporation tax moves, the ability to import into Europe under fta maintains.

Not just project fear.
But don’t forget that intra-EU corporate relocation ( ‘illegally’ aided by EU structural funds) has long been a real fear for workers in the net contributer member states.
Subscribe to read | Financial Times
Subscribe to read | Financial Times

The Henry hoover design pisses all over Dysons sucky effort. For a start its tough and lasts ages, no silly brittle plastic to snap and ruin it all. Its guts hold loads of dust, far more than a Dyson, and all in a chuck away bag that's easily binned. The mile long cable means mains power, so strong suction and it is easily wound back in with a well made winding handle. All for a hundred quid. I bet the servants in the huge Dyson country house all dream about having one to use for their cleaning duties.

79254_0.jpg

The two choices in modern politics: neoliberalism with the EU or whatever accommodation neoliberalism makes with classical conservatism in the UK. There is nothing else. Pick one of those. If you criticise one, you’re for the other. Because that’s all there is.
...and, whatever you do, never change your mind...

upload_2019-1-23_8-26-26.png

I literally don't understand a word of that :hmm:
It means that that the EU is using eastern europe as an ultra low wage platform whilst simultaneously subsiding capital (from our money) to relocate there from high wage areas of the eu restraining or lowering wages and attacking the social and welfare structures that might soften the blows for its victims in both areas. This is the whole point of the EU's existence. See this piece for how it works with regard to the UK.

I'm currently going for a job with them at the Malmesbury campus.

Not ideal but with a 7month old son I'm desperate to get a job that doesn't involve being away from home in London 2-3 nights week and what I do is pretty niche so I have to take opportunities where they are.

I mean, it's not Nestle or similar (I do have some redlines) but still, pray for my soul.

Back
Top Bottom