Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bullshitting Brexiteer hypocrite James Dyson to relocate Dyson head office from UK to Singapore

Henry's are still British and still made in the UK. Henry FTW.

00004394.jpg

This reminds me of when people were arguing that leaving the EU would cause a shortage of curry chefs from India, which also happens to not be in the EU.

Whether or not capital will wait is another matter. Other options are easier/quicker.

A stroke of a pen is all it takes. All EU laws and regulations have been written into British law, we have complete alignment with them on the standards necessary to have a deal, and so unlike countries outside the EU, there would be no need for a transition to harmonise standards before the deal is implemented.

The moment the EU realise no deal is inevitable, a deal will appear. Although I suspect they'd prefer us as a vassal state, neither in nor out and unable to vote on policy but still bound by their rules.

A stroke of a pen is all it takes. All EU laws and regulations have been written into British law, we have complete alignment with them on the standards necessary to have a deal, and so unlike countries outside the EU, there would be no need for a transition to harmonise standards before the deal is implemented.

The moment the EU realise no deal is inevitable, a deal will appear. Although I suspect they'd prefer us as a vassal state, neither in nor out and unable to vote on policy but still bound by their rules.
Rare to see such optimism here.

Cordless Henry?? Awesome :cool: They should install Roomba-like autonomy in Henry, then he will crush the traitor Dyson and rule the domestic vacuum world :thumbs:

Cordless is defs the future. However, speaking as an owner of a Hetty. It's not so much the power cord, but their top heavy design which I find most irksome. I'm always having to pick her up after rolling over due to my aggressive hoover technique. Never had that issue with a Miele. Still way preferable to shitty Dyson though.

I can remember using Henrys when having to hoover the corridors at boarding school in the early '80s - so the design must be getting on for 40 years old, and yet still going strong :thumbs:

Reactions: Ax^
Cordless is defs the future. However, speaking as an owner of a Hetty. It's not so much the power cord, but their top heavy design which I find most irksome. I'm always having to pick her up after rolling over due to my aggressive hoover technique. Never had that issue with a Miele. Still way preferable to shitty Dyson though.
if you had one of the larger models this would be less of an issue (I get why people have the Hetty model though, its just the perfect size for smaller living spaces rather than tools to do a whole multifloor office block), although a Henry/Numatic with a fucked wheel is an absolute nightmare for tipping. You can get that fixed though.

Back
Top Bottom