Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bullshitting Brexiteer hypocrite James Dyson to relocate Dyson head office from UK to Singapore

In a sign of the company's "need to be entrepreneurial and agile", UK employees of Dyson, which has offices in Wiltshire, London and Bristol, were informed of the following developments in an email this morning:

Dyson to cut a quarter of UK workforce

article-0-02B62ED4000004B0-439_468x286.jpg

(Source: as stated in image)

"Sir James Dyson said in December (2023) that the UK’s current political leaders, from both the Conservative and Labour parties, were not “going for growth” and that “wealth generation and growth” had become “dirty words”.

In a sign of the company's "need to be entrepreneurial and agile", UK employees of Dyson, which has offices in Wiltshire, London and Bristol, were informed of the following developments in an email this morning:

Dyson to cut a quarter of UK workforce

article-0-02B62ED4000004B0-439_468x286.jpg

(Source: as stated in image)

After over a billion was paid the Singapore -based holding company received a £1.2bn dividend in 2022...

Went for a job at Dyson in 2020. They wanted everyone in the office even though it was Covid times. Was offered but after consideration declined for a job that was hybrid and their in house recruiter had the cheek to accuse me of wasting the time of busy Dyson staff. I half expected to be invoiced.

Also have a very capable engineer friend who lasted 6 months before resigning with stress. Got the impression the Dyson product you worked on was meant to come ahead of your family and that was a dealbreaker for him.

Went for a job at Dyson in 2020. They wanted everyone in the office even though it was Covid times. Was offered but after consideration declined for a job that was hybrid and their in house recruiter had the cheek to accuse me of wasting the time of busy Dyson staff. I half expected to be invoiced.

Also have a very capable engineer friend who lasted 6 months before resigning with stress. Got the impression the Dyson product you worked on was meant to come ahead of your family and that was a dealbreaker for him.
I once applied for a number of jobs at Dyson after my PhD. Despite the multiple applications, I only ever received a single rejection letter telling me that my application had been unsuccessful. They gave no indication as to which job.

I also used to work with a very talented engineer from Dyson who said much the same things as your friend. Significant churn rate too.

I know lots of people who have worked at Dyson. Super high churn rate of staff. Long hours, lots of pressure and very demanding culture. Many of them move onto SuperDry as similar locale - same culture and problems

Yeah, I've worked for a couple and they were a nightmare. Also not helped by no-one being prepared to tell the founders things they didn't want to hear. (I tried, didn't go down at all well. :rolleyes:)
Yep, I’ve had this experience.. your passion, dedication and drive is expected to match theirs…

When I ran my own company I was careful to avoid this, sadly my business partners didn’t

Dyson has abandoned its libel case against Channel 4 News after a 2022 investigation into the treatment of migrant workers by a contractor.

The company sued Channel 4 and the makers of the programme, ITN, after the programme reported on appalling conditions in factories in Malaysia where Dyson products were being manufactured.

But after over two years of court proceedings, and after the programme makers submitted its 184-page defence to the High Court, the libel action has been dropped.

Sir James Dyson’s individual claim over the report was struck out back in 2022, after the High Court ruled the allegations of exploitation of workers at a factory that used to supply goods to his firm did not defame him:

Even when, instead of making hand driers that anger you, he does large scale farming, in the UK, producing food for people to eat, and looking after owls at the same time, you all just carry on moaning. It's no wonder he moved his office out of this country to escape all the negative attitude.

There is something to be grateful to Dyson for. Since July there's been the usual run of stories about millionaires fleeing the country as Labour will make them pay their fair share and the greedy fuckers don't want to. Well, should you ever hear someone taking this line, ask them who. Just name one that's gone. They can't, cos they haven't fled. Even the human bog-brush Mullins has since discovered that Spain also imposes taxes and has decided to stay here, more's the pity. Well, there is one BILLIONAIRE who fled and took his company with him, right after the Brexit that he campaigned for, mid-way during the Tory's rule. So thank you Sir James, for giving us that small crumb.

Back
Top Bottom