Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bullshitting Brexiteer hypocrite James Dyson to relocate Dyson head office from UK to Singapore

I’ve never owned a Henry, but all the cleaning companies we’ve used at our place over the years have used nothing but them. So they’re probably quite decent.
I have a Henry but years of using it bagless (on advice from a cleaner) have left it lacking sucktion. I have to vacuum dog hairs so I need plenty of suck. Nothing wrong with a Henry though and I probably could get it refurbished, the factory seems to offer lots of options, but I like the idea of bag and cordless nes.

I have a Henry but years of using it bagless (on advice from a cleaner) have left it lacking sucktion. I have to vacuum dog hairs so I need plenty of suck. Nothing wrong with a Henry though and I probably could get it refurbished, the factory seems to offer lots of options, but I like the idea of bag and cordless nes.
My last few vacuum cleaners have been bagless, but it always pissed me of how dust bags weren’t standardised even between models of the same brand, never mind different brands. Pretty much like ink cartridges/toners for printers. If your machine was an older or less popular model, finding replacement bags was a pain in the arse.

Last edited:
Bagless are shit. All of them. You have to clean the fuckers out by hand. Get a Miele, they're brilliant and all you have to do is change a bag 2-3 times a year. Less if you're on your own I suppose.

Yeah my mum has a Miele, and they're just good. My Hoover handheld vac was, in fact, hers, but she went back to corded/bag. Personally don't find handheld bagless too much of a faff, but it is an extra thing to do, with potential of disaster. The Miele dog hair specific ones are supposed to be excellent, expensive, but not far off Dyson handheld prices.

Another thing to remember about handheld - they will always have several power modes; you will always use the boost mode and their battery life statements are always based on eco mode. Also I still have a henry, and will use that if I'm doing a proper clean.

Yeah my mum has a Miele, and they're just good. My Hoover handheld vac was, in fact, hers, but she went back to corded/bag. Personally don't find handheld bagless too much of a faff, but it is an extra thing to do, with potential of disaster. The Miele dog hair specific ones are supposed to be excellent, expensive, but not far off Dyson handheld prices.

Another thing to remember about handheld - they will always have several power modes; you will always use the boost mode and their battery life statements are always based on eco mode. Also I still have a henry, and will use that if I'm doing a proper clean.
I had a Miele cat & dog which was great for several years. When it died I got another, but the filter started popping out which fucked the suction. I contacted Miele who were uninterested which I thought was shit of them.

I was given an ancient upright VAX bagless now which seems indestructible. I also got a few accessories at very reasonable prices which surprised me for such an old one. No problem with bagless - you just empty the thing.

The Miele is the only hoover I've ever had where I turn it down sometimes. You can also buy a cheaper model and upgrade by putting the dog hair filters in.

No problem with bagless - you just empty the thing.
Outside, releasing a massive cloud of dust. Also, the bagless one that I had for longest had an odd folded paper main filter that needed to be washed every few months and took a couple of days outside in warm weather to dry. This may not be a universal feature of bagless vacuums though.

it's not the spiders you should worry about, they'll keep coming as long as there's prey to eat in your house. let the spiders do their thing, they'll go when they've killed and eaten all the things you really don't want in your house

Bit extreme, we usually find that just turning out the lights encourages Spymaster to leave.

Fucking excellent at hoovering up spiders and other undesirables too.

henry-vacuum.gif

My only problem with Henrys is they're a bit annoying to store, and don't have the consumer-friendly features of stuff like Miele (pedal retractable cables, storage of nozzles in body etc).
Lots of them have nozzle storage bits
IMG_20230122_184449.jpg

Henrys are indestructible, I've set the work one on fire at least twice now and it still works fine after you've unplugged it and waited for the smoke to stop :thumbs:
I have a Charles (like Henry but blue and can hoover up water) that got a bit of a blockage once, popped and never worked again. Numatic weren't interested.

we had a Henry that couldn't hoover up water that we used to hoover up a fairly large amount of water, he tripped the mains power breaker but was fine once he'd dried out.

Are Henry hoovers still good though? Because I remember hearing that the company which made them got bought out by a bunch of vulture capitalist cunts, who trade on the good reputation of a known brand while simultaneously asset-stripping the company to hell and back.

Are Henry hoovers still good though? Because I remember hearing that the company which made them got bought out by a bunch of vulture capitalist cunts, who trade on the good reputation of a known brand while simultaneously asset-stripping the company to hell and back.

Still owned by the original guy I think. There was an article in the Graun last year but I can't find it.

He's a bit Brexity too but not rabidly so.

Still owned by the original guy I think. There was an article in the Graun last year but I can't find it.

He's a bit Brexity too but not rabidly so.

There's a link in the above article to the Guardian one but here it is Sucks to be him! How Henry the vacuum cleaner became an accidental design icon

Back
Top Bottom