Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Who does Urban think (not hope) will win the November US Presidential Election? (The Poll)

Who will win the popular vote and who will get a majority in the electoral college?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my sample of two (2) people who voted for trump in 2016, 100% of them are planning to do so again.
These are my close relatives and it’s causing proper serious rifts in the family but they feel strongly enough for whatever mad reason to not even lie about their intentions.

Anyone who thinks the Democrats are a bastion of honesty and compassion needs to lay off the booze. They're typical self serving politicians but compared to the nest of cowardly corrupt vipers the Republican Party has become they're saints. I'm not a fan of Uncle Joe but compared to Orange Joffrey he looks like Gandhi

Most of my American friends now think it's likely that Trump will win. None of them are going to vote for him - even the centrists and former republicans aren't going to vote Trump - but most of their families are. The centrists and former republicans are of the stripe that were third party last election, and are still thinking of doing that this time around.

How he'll win is another matter, and there's a certain element of not wanting to set yourself up to hope for a better situation and get it knocked down again.

Potential scandal unfolding regarding Democrat fundraising and suggestion of foreign involvement:

Putin?
If you continue to post up comment-free links to right wng, pro-Trump websites you will be banned off all the politics forums.

If you continue to post up comment-free links to right wng, pro-Trump websites you will be banned off all the politics forums.

what more can he do before he gets the ban from the politics forums at least

:hmm:

Last edited:
How the fuck is this wanker not banned from here?
Because he hasn't - yet - crossed that crucial final step over the line, and Editor is (quite rightly, IMO) very patient, and gives posters a lot of lattude. Yes, I do believe that is better than the alternative of being over ban-happy, and it's always a trivky line to draw.
IMO, Marty1 is far craftier and more slippery than many of us have perhaps given him credit for. He sems to have pretty good antennmae for just how far he can push it.

Back on topic....Trump is in deep trouble in Arizona
President Trump will make a campaign stop here Monday as a rapidly changing population puts a state that has not voted for a Democratic candidate for president in a generation at the forefront of the battleground map.

A new survey released Monday morning shows Trump in deep trouble in Arizona. The survey, conducted by Phoenix-based OH Predictive Insights, shows Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden leading Trump by a 52 percent to 42 percent margin.

It is the eighth consecutive public poll that has showed the former vice president leading in Arizona, and Biden has led in 17 of the last 20 polls. A CBS News poll released Sunday showed Biden leading by a smaller 3-point margin, 47 percent to 44 percent.
Some background. Arizona is prediminantly a farming, desert and mountain state. it has two fair sized (by US standards) cities, Phoenix and Tucson, and the rest is pretty rural. As such, it has been rock solid GOP since, well, forever. John McCain was a senator for Arizona for 31 years.
However, changing demographics (especially wrt Latinos) have somewhat changed things. A majority of House members for the State are democrats, a Senator is a Democrat, and Biden is ahead by a street.
I would also imagine that voters there are very unimpressed by Trump's denigration of McCain, who is revered there.

And that’s all from Mr.Biden until Election Day!

Looks like a risky move imo as Trump is still campaigning hard with back to back rallies.

A risky move? 60+% of the 2016 turnout have already voted, more with mail-in. Let Trump speak to his already secured zealots, let him haemorrhage support from everyone else.
I think he is desperately trying to hold on to what he's got, whilst hoping for a major upset again in PA and MI

Biden called a lid for the day, not the campaign - he had a virtual event later Sunday and in-person appearances Monday and Tuesday.

Though canceling campaigning would be a good way to draw a contrast between his campaign and the Republicans leaving a trail of infection across America.

Biden called a lid for the day, not the campaign - he had a virtual event later Sunday and in-person appearances Monday and Tuesday.

Though canceling campaigning would be a good way to draw a contrast between his campaign and the Republicans leaving a trail of infection across America.

Are you referencing this article?

How the fuck is this wanker not banned from here?

you really are a odious collection of stardust. Okay re-tweeting Trump isn’t on, oh wait there’s a ton of them on the Lampoon Trump thread.

And yeah, the Democrats and all they’ve done for poor income families in the US. Bill Clinton was the man, Hilary would have been the woman. And now we have Grandpa touchy-feely at the helm.

Anyone who thinks the Democrats are a bastion of honesty and compassion needs to lay off the booze. They're typical self serving politicians but compared to the nest of cowardly corrupt vipers the Republican Party has become they're saints. I'm not a fan of Uncle Joe but compared to Orange Joffrey he looks like Gandhi

stick thin and wrinkly, racist, and overly-zealous with the opposite sex?

A risky move? 60+% of the 2016 turnout have already voted, more with mail-in. Let Trump speak to his already secured zealots, let him haemorrhage support from everyone else.

Id say so. Surely he needs to be fighting all the way to the finish line.

If he loses he may well regret this decision which could be seen as complacent.

I think in 2016 there were people who voted for Trump as a protest vote against the political establishment or because they thought he might do something better for the working class. I still think there's a lot to be said for abstaining given the state of the opposition but you'd have to be either very very stupid or a racist piece of shit to actually wake up and vote for the man in 2020. And yes I'm happy with saying that about the 30% or so of eligible US voters who will do that.

I think in 2016 there were people who voted for Trump as a protest vote against the political establishment or because they thought he might do something better for the working class. I still think there's a lot to be said for abstaining given the state of the opposition but you'd have to be either very very stupid or a racist piece of shit to actually wake up and vote for the man in 2020. And yes I'm happy with saying that about the 30% or so of eligible US voters who will do that.

what’s 30% of 290,000,000 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom