Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Which jab did you have - Astra Zeneca or Pfizer? And what side effects?

What jab? What side effects?

• I had the Pfizer

Votes: 66 18.6%
  • I had the Astra Zeneca

Votes: 125 35.2%
  • I don't know what I had

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pfizer + no side effects

Votes: 65 18.3%
  • Pfizer + some side effects lasting less than/about 48 hours

Votes: 38 10.7%
  • Pfizer + side effects lasting more than 2 days

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • AZ + no side effects

Votes: 51 14.4%
  • AZ + some side effects lasting less than/about 48 hours

Votes: 121 34.1%
  • AZ + side effects lasting more than 2 days

Votes: 37 10.4%
  • Something else (explain yourself)

Votes: 13 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm taking part in the UCL Virus Watch study that article talks about, I send off a blood sample once a month to be tested for N and S antibodies. Got my monthly results back today and the test detected S antibodies, which means the AZ jab worked :) I assumed it had but the confirmation is nice.

Last edited:
What about the Moderna jab planetgeli

Quite a high chance a lot of the forthcoming vaccinations will be Pfizer or Moderna. That's what Im being offered anyway. Which options should I choose? Explain myself :(

What about the Moderna jab planetgeli

Quite a high chance a lot of the forthcoming vaccinations will be Pfizer or Moderna. That's what Im being offered anyway. Which options should I choose? Explain myself :(

I don't make the software. I can't edit the poll. It's sufficed for the 86% of Urbz who have been jabbed so far.

We've stolen your pensions and ruined your future. Why do you think us oldsters (boomer!) would give a shit about jab side-effects on youngsters? Except to mock your further misery?

mRNA-1273. As anticipated, about 48 hours of great unpleasantness and 5 days of injection site related pain.

This is based on what you posted before about research with the first jab of mRNA vaccines causing a very strong response in those who had previously been infected with Covid-19?

Do you know why that might be? And how long does this last potentially? I had covid in March 2020 and probs dont have antibodies - so is that likely for me with an mRNA vaccine?

This is based on what you posted before about research with the first jab of mRNA vaccines causing a very strong response in those who had previously been infected with Covid-19?

Do you know why that might be? And how long does this last potentially? I had covid in March 2020 and probs dont have antibodies - so is that likely for me with an mRNA vaccine?
The act of injecting the mRNA vaccine itself will cause localised (typically injection arm) reactions. The innate immune response to something 'foreign' in your arm will produce cytokines, chemokines, and prostaglandins. The former will dilate blood vessels, increase blood flow, cause swelling, and along with the chemokines, inflamation and thence pain. The prostaglandins enjoy directly niggling your pain receptors. In addition, RNA is known to strongly stimulate the innate immune system and the lipid nanoparticles coating the mRNA are intended to (in part) be an adjuvant.

Other than the painful arm, the rest of the experience was, I suspect, my adaptive immune system kicking in, recognising something it had seen before (ie the spike RBD epitopes it had just been told to manufacture). I too had COVID-19 some 14 months ago and the original antibodies will most likely have greatly waned but (assuming my immune system works) the B and T cell responses kicking in were probably part of what left me feeling somewhere between a particularly bad night out clubbing and having been run over by a bus.

Riddle me this. How do you get a vaccination if you're not registered with a GP and your local practices are full so won't take you on.

Riddle me this. How do you get a vaccination if you're not registered with a GP and your local practices are full so won't take you on.
If you have been unable to find a GP yourself, you can ask your local Clinical Commissioning Group to find you a GP.

I've heard of vaccination clinics in London aimed at undocumented migrants, rough sleepers etc, but would be surprised if they are widespread. Dunno where you are.

Oh, just found this: COVID-19 Vaccine Pop-up clinics - NHS South East London CCG

I've heard of vaccination clinics in London aimed at undocumented migrants, rough sleepers etc, but would be surprised if they are widespread. Dunno where you are.

Oh, just found this: COVID-19 Vaccine Pop-up clinics - NHS South East London CCG
It's a friend, he's in Kent not London. Do they not ask for GP at these clinics for sure?

They should be able to get it done anywhere, the obstacle is booking an appointment.

“All sites are reminded that any patient, including NHS staff, does not require a NHS number or GP registration to receive a vaccination and should never be denied one on this basis...If GP registration is not possible, and no existing NHS number can be found, then providers should vaccinate now, record locally via a paper system and ensure that that the vaccination event is recorded on Pinnacle at later date.” (link)

If it’s easy for them to turn up and ask, I’d suggesting doing that, provided they are age-eligible. Could also ring round the local GPs and ask.

They should be able to get it done anywhere, the obstacle is booking an appointment.

“All sites are reminded that any patient, including NHS staff, does not require a NHS number or GP registration to receive a vaccination and should never be denied one on this basis...If GP registration is not possible, and no existing NHS number can be found, then providers should vaccinate now, record locally via a paper system and ensure that that the vaccination event is recorded on Pinnacle at later date.” (link)

If it’s easy for them to turn up and ask, I’d suggesting doing that, provided they are age-eligible. Could also ring round the local GPs and ask.
Local GPs are being extremely unhelpful. He's in his 50s so should be on his second jab already.

Local GPs are being extremely unhelpful. He's in his 50s so should be on his second jab already.
Maybe the first thing to try is just turn up at his local vaccination centre and see if they'll give him one. End of the day might be best as a lot of centres give out spare vaccinations to anyone then anyway.

Five days on from AZ 2: Return of the Destroyers.

No noticeable side effects, though mild ones may have been masked by the fact that I was already on strong painkillers. Massive reaction to the first jab, so am glad to have got off lightly and in keeping with other reports.

Maybe the first thing to try is just turn up at his local vaccination centre and see if they'll give him one. End of the day might be best as a lot of centres give out spare vaccinations to anyone then anyway.
I'm going to give him all the suggestions but as he doesn't live in a city, he may be quite far from his nearest centre and he doesn't drive so wouldn't want to go on a hope and a prayer.

I'm going to give him all the suggestions but as he doesn't live in a city, he may be quite far from his nearest centre and he doesn't drive so wouldn't want to go on a hope and a prayer.

Seriously, get him to contact the CCG.

Clinical commissioning groups are responsible for arranging emergency and urgent care services within their boundaries, and for commissioning services for any unregistered patients who live in their area. All GP practices must belong to a clinical commissioning group.

Back
Top Bottom