Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Which jab did you have - Astra Zeneca or Pfizer? And what side effects?

What jab? What side effects?

• I had the Pfizer

Votes: 66 18.6%
  • I had the Astra Zeneca

Votes: 125 35.2%
  • I don't know what I had

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pfizer + no side effects

Votes: 65 18.3%
  • Pfizer + some side effects lasting less than/about 48 hours

Votes: 38 10.7%
  • Pfizer + side effects lasting more than 2 days

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • AZ + no side effects

Votes: 51 14.4%
  • AZ + some side effects lasting less than/about 48 hours

Votes: 121 34.1%
  • AZ + side effects lasting more than 2 days

Votes: 37 10.4%
  • Something else (explain yourself)

Votes: 13 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After having the 2nd injection my mother has become jaundiced. Yesterday she was taken to hospital to be checked out because she looks so ill. In herself she is the same awkward so and so she has always been. But she is very yellow.

I don't know if this is common, I don't know which injection she had.

Anyone with information about this?

After having the 2nd injection my mother has become jaundiced. Yesterday she was taken to hospital to be checked out because she looks so ill. In herself she is the same awkward so and so she has always been. But she is very yellow.

I don't know if this is common, I don't know which injection she had.

Anyone with information about this?
I can't see jaundice listed in the info for Pfizer, Moderna and AZ vaccines - but hopefully it's a transient issue that will be sorted quickly.

Not a side-effect as such - more no effect - had first AZ vaccine 8/9 weeks ago and according to the Imperial finger prick test I still have no anti-bodies.

Where are my anti-bodies :mad:

I think that some antibody tests only detect those caused by the virus & not those caused by the vaccine.

I think that some antibody tests only detect those caused by the virus & not those caused by the vaccine.

No, the test said it was to identify antibodies provided by either virus/vaccine. It’s silly, and obvs I’ll still have my second jab, but I feel a bit deflated.

Not a side-effect as such - more no effect - had first AZ vaccine 8/9 weeks ago and according to the Imperial finger prick test I still have no anti-bodies.

Where are my anti-bodies :mad:

Different people will have different levels of response to a vaccine - that's normal and to be expected. Some blood test results will vary quite a bit depending on other things, such as time of day or if you've got another infection, etc. So it may be a blip that doesn't represent the true picture.

I guess they might advise you to have a booster shot at some point.

Imperial sent me one in the post, randomly selected, easy to self-administer, result in ten mins, took a photo of the ‘test stick’, then uploaded it to their site.
I got one today too. Put forward by my GP. I don't know how I can upload result to their website as I don't have a smartphone. Well I do have a cheap one I bought five years ago and never used. It's charging up now, and if I can work out how to take pic and upload to pc I will do the test tomorrow.

Bit of an update on my mother’s situation. Her problem is not related to either the vaccine or Covid. She has cancer, and has been given days to live.

Sorry to derail the thread. At first it seemed to be very closely linked to the vaccine due to the coincidence of her getting it and becoming ill.

Back
Top Bottom