Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Which jab did you have - Astra Zeneca or Pfizer? And what side effects?

What jab? What side effects?

• I had the Pfizer

Votes: 66 18.6%
  • I had the Astra Zeneca

Votes: 125 35.2%
  • I don't know what I had

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pfizer + no side effects

Votes: 65 18.3%
  • Pfizer + some side effects lasting less than/about 48 hours

Votes: 38 10.7%
  • Pfizer + side effects lasting more than 2 days

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • AZ + no side effects

Votes: 51 14.4%
  • AZ + some side effects lasting less than/about 48 hours

Votes: 121 34.1%
  • AZ + side effects lasting more than 2 days

Votes: 37 10.4%
  • Something else (explain yourself)

Votes: 13 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OH had his 2nd AZ jab first thing yesterday morning (very well organised vaccination clinic in Stratford Westfield).

What with the 36 hour misery following his 1st jab, we were expecting similar but he's been absolutely fine this time - even managed to pick up a night shift last night, which would have been impossible after his 1st.

How come there are so many votes. There aren't that many regular posters are there?

Anyway feel fine, slightly sore arm but that's it.

e2a ignore that, I misread.

There's more than you think. On the first vaccine poll there are now 338 voters.

With a few more to come. With the odd exception (one has been banned, maybe a couple are 'unfamiliar' names) I think that's a pretty good record of the number of (fairly) regular posters there are at Urban.

Feeling a bit groggy/headachey now after 2nd Pfizer this lunchtime. Paracetamol taken, I'll want an early night I think.

Feels a bit like a hangover, I've just realised. I really don't miss them one bit.
I felt the same the day after my second Pfizer. Bit of a headache and yes, felt kind of hungover. Was right as the rain the next day, apart from the injection site being a little bit sore. Hopefully you're the same. :)

I felt the same the day after my second Pfizer. Bit of a headache and yes, felt kind of hungover. Was right as the rain the next day, apart from the injection site being a little bit sore. Hopefully you're the same. :)
Thanks. Yeah, if my first jab was anything to go by, a good night's sleep should sort it.

I always sit and wait for 15 minutes in the waiting area after any vaccination (not just COVID) because I have other severe allergies and it is most definitely advisable in my case to hang around where there are medical staff just in case.

Pretty much had every common symptom since 5pm. I feel fucking awful. Paracetamol no effect until a second dose about 40 mins ago sooner than I’m supposed too, double dose of 500mg. (So now up to 2000mg para since 5pm)

Now in bed with a hot water bottle because I’m freezing and a thermal beanie hat. 🙃

See you in the morning. I’m going to sleep.

Last edited:
Pretty much had every common symptom since 5pm. I feel fucking awful. Paracetamol no effect until a second dose about 40 mins ago sooner than I’m supposed too, double dose of 500mg. (So now up to 1000mg para since 5pm)

Now in bed with a hot water bottle because I’m freezing and a thermal beanie hat. 🙃

See you in the morning. I’m going to sleep.

Good luck, I had a 10am jab, and was woken up by a nasty headache the next morning but three pints of tea sorted it then I was fine.

Had first jab (Pfizer) a few weeks ago. The jab was easy and quick. Had to sit down for 15 mins afterwards.
Felt a bit ill for a few days after.

Adults are more likely to report mild and moderate side-effects after mixing doses of the AstraZeneca and Pfizer Covid vaccines, a study indicates.

Chills, headaches and muscle pain were reported more frequently when different vaccine doses were combined.

Any adverse reactions were short lived, with no other safety concerns.

"It's a really intriguing finding and not something we were necessarily expecting," Prof Matthew Snape, from the Oxford Vaccine Group said.

or when you wake up with a raging temperature in an hour or two

:p

hope you feel better soon

Well, yes. The chills turned into the sweats now lying with a cold wet cloth over my forehead.

Terrible nights sleep. The paracetamol wears off after about 3 hours which ain’t great.

Basically feel like I have flu. I guess if I’d had covid it would really have knocked me off my feet if the vaccine is doing this.

No work today. That’s a certain and teams can fuck off off my phone.

Up nice an early (as usual 🙄) with a banging headache (unusual 🥺) but thought to actually take paracetemol and ibruprofen (why not both) and feel pretty much fine now. Got to wait until 0845 to call in sick, as have primed manager and colleagues already 😇 Then a full day of (work qualification related) essay writing, while carefully keeping any work-related active with a green dot progs closed ☠

I am going to hold off on voting in this poll until I have gone through 48 hours+ so my data is correct.
I'm alright, I think! Arm slightly sore but the headache and aches have gone :thumbs: Now I need to remember to book my next one 😇

Back
Top Bottom