Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Which jab did you have - Astra Zeneca or Pfizer? And what side effects?

What jab? What side effects?

• I had the Pfizer

Votes: 66 18.6%
  • I had the Astra Zeneca

Votes: 125 35.2%
  • I don't know what I had

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pfizer + no side effects

Votes: 65 18.3%
  • Pfizer + some side effects lasting less than/about 48 hours

Votes: 38 10.7%
  • Pfizer + side effects lasting more than 2 days

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • AZ + no side effects

Votes: 51 14.4%
  • AZ + some side effects lasting less than/about 48 hours

Votes: 121 34.1%
  • AZ + side effects lasting more than 2 days

Votes: 37 10.4%
  • Something else (explain yourself)

Votes: 13 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
12 days is definitely within the possible range for causality - but diarrhea doesnt seem to be a common side effect of the pfizer vaccine; same as placebo pre release, 1.4% self-reported post release
Reactions and Adverse Events of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine | CDC

"Vaccine side-effects and SARS-CoV-2 infection after vaccination in users of the COVID Symptom Study app in the UK: a prospective observational study - The Lancet Infectious Diseases" DEFINE_ME

if one were looking for a connection i would think some kind of enteritis, prob colitis and maybe prefer colonoscopy to ct - better visualisation of the lining and the possibility of taking biopsies.

for almost all other possibilities, ct is at least as good.

Black stools of course suggests blood, which in itself might not be so strange after 8 weeks of the runs. (more worrying without symptoms). pain to the right (colicky?) could indeed be 'par for the course', as well.

your gp seems to take good care of you.

Yep, colitis was mentioned more than once I think. Thanks for your answer, reassuring.

In other news, my gf is absolutely fine from her second AZ, as she was the first, but is noticeably, stupidly, ravenously hungry. As reported by some.

Yep, colitis was mentioned more than once I think. Thanks for your answer, reassuring.

In other news, my gf is absolutely fine from her second AZ, as she was the first, but is noticeably, stupidly, ravenously hungry. As reported by some.

I hope I am ravenously hungry after my second dose of AZ tomorrow morning, because I am off to lunch with extended family at my brother's, and he's an amazing chef, that never listens when I tell him not to put too much on my plate. :thumbs:

It's unlikely to be connected but who knows... it might be... but Ive been stupidly ravenously hungry through a lot of my long covid journey. Started about 2 months after infection and become more balanced recently and ive managed to put on weight too.

At one point I'd lost like 8 pounds but was still eating 5-6 meals a day and having "energy crashes" without some kind of sustenance every 2-3 hours. Pretty crazy.

Well, 21 hours after my second AZ dose, and as with the first, I've had no side effects whatsoever, not even a sore arm.

I do honestly feel sorry for those that had a hard time with the vaccines, but I am afraid I remain a...

View attachment 269938

I seem to be in exactly the same position, following my second Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccination on Saturday afternoon :)

(I had a bit of a sore arm with the first, and short-term exhaustion for one evening, but neither of these applied this time)

</drinks coffee from cup like the above :p :D >

Well, 21 hours after my second AZ dose, and as with the first, I've had no side effects whatsoever, not even a sore arm.

I do honestly feel sorry for those that had a hard time with the vaccines, but I am afraid I remain a...

View attachment 269938

I seem to be in exactly the same position, following my second Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccination on Saturday afternoon :)

(I had a bit of a sore arm with the first, and short-term exhaustion for one evening, but neither of these applied this time)

</drinks coffee from cup like the above :p :D >
It’s 24 hours since I had my second AZ at Superdrug. I didn’t feel the jab, and didn’t have a plaster to remind me exactly where it went, no soreness, bruised sensation or heaviness, no sleepiness (I napped for much of the day after the first). I fleetingly wondered if they actually forgot to administer the injection as we chatted about the choice of arm (I have lymphodema so no jabs allowed on hat side, and they’d had four ladies yesterday morning saying the same)!

It's now been almost 48hrs since my second AZ jab and no obvious side effects. I did have a very slight headache when I woke up yesterday morning but I also had a late night and 2 bottles of cider the night before so that may have had more to do with that than the jab.
One paracetamol and it was gone in half an hour never to return.
I had no side effects at all from the first one

It's now 24 hours since I had my second AZ dose. I had a shitty day or so after the first one so I was prepared to feel a bit grotty after this one.

I've had no side effects at all this time although I did feel a little cold later in the afternoon yesterday. I suspect now that I only felt cold yesterday afternoon because the weather was so crap.

Its been almost exactly 3 days since I had my first pfizer dose and I have no strong symptoms to report. My arm was very slightly sore for a bit, I felt the needle go in but it didnt exactly register strongly on the pain scale, and between 24 and 48 hours after the jab I could tell my body was dealing with something, but I didnt really feel much worse than I normally do. The hayfever symptoms I had before the bad weather set in and dampened things down were worse than anything I've felt post-vaccine, so far at least. But I'll wait a little bit longer before I stick my vote on the poll.

Its very unlikely that I caught the virus at any point, so my first pfizer dose was very likely my bodies first exposure to some of the code of this virus.

A friend of mine who isn't British but is living here wants to know:
is the vaccine safe for someone with a serious allergy to paracetamol and/or penicillin?

A friend of mine who isn't British but is living here wants to know:
is the vaccine safe for someone with a serious allergy to paracetamol and/or penicillin?

There’s no penicillin or paracetamol in it, so yes.

Neither are contraindicated with any of the vaccines in use in the UK, but mention it to the person at the vaccine centre. I think it may be one of the questions on the pre-vaccine form (penicillin and/or other allergies).

But basically yes it’s fine.

There’s no penicillin or paracetamol in it, so yes.

Neither are contraindicated with any of the vaccines in use in the UK, but mention it to the person at the vaccine centre. I think it may be one of the questions on the pre-vaccine form (penicillin and/or other allergies).

But basically yes it’s fine.
I just got asked whether I had/used an epi pen. I have allergies to loads of things, including chlorhexidine, which is in various medical things, but none serious enough to warrant an epi pen (yet), so I essentially passed whatever test they were asking for. I got Pfizer.

Thank you. What's the pre vaccine form? The guy doesn't speak very good English so wouldn't understand what the nurse would ask. He's trying to get his medical records with the exact name of whatever the allergy is but it's very serious.

Thank you. What's the pre vaccine form? The guy doesn't speak very good English so wouldn't understand what the nurse would ask. He's trying to get his medical records with the exact name of whatever the allergy is but it's very serious.

For both my jabs (Lambeth GP federation hub organised) I had to fill out a form while in the queue, standard medical history questions from what I remember (I rapidly forgot what exactly was in it).

Oh I didn't have that here. Nurse (or whoever the people in scrubs are) just asked me a few quickfire questions before I got the jab.

It varies a bit depending where you get your jab. Sometimes it's a form, sometimes some questions beforehand. Either way they cover what's needed. If he can't speak English enough to consent and give some yes/no answers to questions then can use translation services.

There's very, very few contraindications to any of the vaccines, highly likely he can have it without any issues.

So my friend contacted his GP and said he was going to make a formal complaint, they responded by telling him (a month later after saying he was being processed every week) they can no longer register him. He wrote to Kent CCG, they have not replied. I am trying to convince him to go to his local centre and just ask but he is reluctant as thinks he'll just waste time being turned away. None of the pop ups are near him and he works unsociable hours. It's not great.

So my friend contacted his GP and said he was going to make a formal complaint, they responded by telling him (a month later after saying he was being processed every week) they can no longer register him. He wrote to Kent CCG, they have not replied. I am trying to convince him to go to his local centre and just ask but he is reluctant as thinks he'll just waste time being turned away. None of the pop ups are near him and he works unsociable hours. It's not great.

Some places are adding 'just turn up' to some of the existing vaccination centres that were previously only appointment based, as well as new pop-ups and buses that get more of the attention. So its worth keeping an eye on local news for any signs of this.

Some places are adding 'just turn up' to some of the existing vaccination centres that were previously only appointment based, as well as new pop-ups and buses that get more of the attention. So its worth keeping an eye on local news for any signs of this.
I don't really understand where to find this information. What is local news? Certainly my friend is not seeing this anywhere and I want to advise him. Also he doesn't drive and works shifts so travelling to somewhere is complicated.

I don't really understand where to find this information. What is local news? Certainly my friend is not seeing this anywhere and I want to advise him. Also he doesn't drive and works shifts so travelling to somewhere is complicated.
Since I dont know where the person in question is I cannot zoom right in for you, although I will gladly try to help if you are comfortable letting me know the location.

In the meantime here is the local news example that applies to my town. Its 'easier' to find out about this here at the moment because although we arent on the small list of places the government has drawn most attention to in terms of the India variant, we are still a town where they've been concerned enough about the variant that they've started surge testing here and have made a big deal of ramping up vaccination services in.

Since I dont know where the person in question is I cannot zoom right in for you, although I will gladly try to help if you are comfortable letting me know the location.

In the meantime here is the local news example that applies to my town. Its 'easier' to find out about this here at the moment because although we arent on the small list of places the government has drawn most attention to in terms of the India variant, we are still a town where they've been concerned enough about the variant that they've started surge testing here and have made a big deal of ramping up vaccination services in.

Once again you have to book an appointment, although there is a 'limited' number of walk in slots. It's really a pain in the arse, there must be loads of people that don't have GPs.
I would love some help, he lives in Medway Kent.

Once again you have to book an appointment, although there is a 'limited' number of walk in slots. It's really a pain in the arse, there must be loads of people that don't have GPs.

Remind me why he can't register with a GP again.

There are limits to what can be expected. If there are walk in slots there but being put off by the somewhat limited number of walk in slots is enough to discourage your friend then he'll just have to wait till the system gets so desperate to 'mop up' the outstanding unvaccinated that they offer a more convenient option.

edit - sorry I missed that you had named the location, I will look into it. Even if I dont find anything helpful now and so dont respond again straight away, I will keep an eye on it for you and let you know in future.

Back
Top Bottom