Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Which jab did you have - Astra Zeneca or Pfizer? And what side effects?

What jab? What side effects?

• I had the Pfizer

Votes: 66 18.6%
  • I had the Astra Zeneca

Votes: 125 35.2%
  • I don't know what I had

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pfizer + no side effects

Votes: 65 18.3%
  • Pfizer + some side effects lasting less than/about 48 hours

Votes: 38 10.7%
  • Pfizer + side effects lasting more than 2 days

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • AZ + no side effects

Votes: 51 14.4%
  • AZ + some side effects lasting less than/about 48 hours

Votes: 121 34.1%
  • AZ + side effects lasting more than 2 days

Votes: 37 10.4%
  • Something else (explain yourself)

Votes: 13 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had my second Pfizer jab today. This ones the third but had a proper gap unlike the previous one so it’s really the second. I feel a bit odd but am ok. I expect calls from vexed staff trying to work out what’s gone on/wrong.

You've had 3 jabs? :confused:

24 hours on from first AZ jab, happy to report that I am in the "had a great night's sleep and feel really healthy" group rather than the dire monkey-sweats group.

OH was really ill for 36 hours after his - proper took to his bed feeling like he had flu, so I was expecting similar.

I put no side effects, I did have really bad tinnitus for about 12 hours, it's not on the info sheet but when OH got that as his first symptom I looked it up and apparently it is widely anecdotally reported. But other than that I slept like a log and feel great today, my arm isn't even sore :)

24 hours on from first AZ jab, happy to report that I am in the "had a great night's sleep and feel really healthy" group rather than the dire monkey-sweats group.

OH was really ill for 36 hours after his - proper took to his bed feeling like he had flu, so I was expecting similar.

I put no side effects, I did have really bad tinnitus for about 12 hours, it's not on the info sheet but when OH got that as his first symptom I looked it up and apparently it is widely anecdotally reported. But other than that I slept like a log and feel great today, my arm isn't even sore :)
My tinnitus seemed worse too!

Partner didn't have side effects til 2nd day so watch out, they had pfizer too

1 day 23 hours and 50 minutes on from first dose of AZ, I have declared myself side effect free.
My arm is a little tender to the touch, and I have had a mild headache yesterday morning, and for a brief moment last night I thought I had this "oh I have got a cold coming on"-feeling.
Under normal circumstances, I don't think I would have really noticed any of this, that's why I would call it no side effects.

The fella had his second AZ yesterday at 2.30. We were really hoping that he wouldn't get any side effects this time, but unfortunately he did :( Nowhere near as bad as last time, but enough that he was really rough with the shivers again, and fluey with a fever, and had to take the day off today. Gutted cos this means I'll almost certainly get fucking side effects again.

Had the AZ vaccine 3 Weeks ago now, still getting headaches only mild ones, paracetamol don't seem to work. massive appetite.

I don't want to worry you, but you should speak to your GP about that.

Furthermore anybody with new onset of severe or persistent headache that does not respond to simple painkillers starting four days or more after vaccination should speak to their doctor.

Vaccine roll-out to the over 40s starting this week.

Chris Hopson, the chief executive of NHS Providers, which represents NHS trusts, said:

It is an incredible achievement that more than 32 million people have received their first vaccine, with over 7 million receiving their second jab.
While there is still a way to go with our vaccination programme, we welcome the progress being made, with the jabs due to be rolled out to the over-40s this week and all priority groups now offered a first dose.

I don't want to worry you, but you should speak to your GP about that.

Yes, definitely worth getting medical advice waxoyl - it's likely nothing at all, but worth a chat with the doctor for peace of mind.

Mr W had the first Astra Zeneca Jag yesterday lunchtime and has had shivery/fevery feeling, mild headache, loud tinnitus and today a sore arm right down into his hand. But has been taking paracetamol and wrapping up like a trooper 👍

Back
Top Bottom