Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Which jab did you have - Astra Zeneca or Pfizer? And what side effects?

What jab? What side effects?

• I had the Pfizer

Votes: 66 18.6%
  • I had the Astra Zeneca

Votes: 125 35.2%
  • I don't know what I had

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pfizer + no side effects

Votes: 65 18.3%
  • Pfizer + some side effects lasting less than/about 48 hours

Votes: 38 10.7%
  • Pfizer + side effects lasting more than 2 days

Votes: 6 1.7%
  • AZ + no side effects

Votes: 51 14.4%
  • AZ + some side effects lasting less than/about 48 hours

Votes: 121 34.1%
  • AZ + side effects lasting more than 2 days

Votes: 37 10.4%
  • Something else (explain yourself)

Votes: 13 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I had my second Pfizer on Friday. I was warned that I was more likely to get side effects with the second. The nurse who did mine said it felt like a hangover for him.
I was sleepy Friday night and Saturday. Last night I felt like I had a cold coming and sneezed a bit today. Sore arm but not too bad.
I feel pretty lucky, first of my friends to get the second jab I think and feeling good. It’s such a relief although I’ll still be careful. Feel better about taking my MIL for hers knowing that I’ve had both and will reduce my risk to her. 😊

I felt loads better on Saturday (jab Thursday) and I had a really busy day - community litter pick, hard going digging in garden, putting together loads of flat pack furniture - and then yesterday I woke up utterly exhausted and still can barely move off the sofa. I can be prone to this sort of post-exertional malaise anyway but this has been really quite extreme fatigue so I think I pushed myself too hard straight after the vaccine side effects.

Just had the Pfizer early, about an hour ago, got a needle phobia but that bit was fine, then felt fine whilst waiting then got really cold and shaky and clammy, lucky partner was there and had 2 staff come over, waited another 15 mins on top of the original 15 mins before leaving
Had waves of cold and shakyness, still got feeling it a bit now, meh
Partner seems fine so far, had same one

I had my first dose of AZ on Sunday.

I was fine for the rest of the day, then had a pretty broken nights sleep with chills and sweats. Felt pretty rough all day Monday, but more or less back to normal now apart from a sore arm and being more tired than usual.

It felt like a bit of a waste of half of my bank holiday weekend, but at least it’s done :thumbs:

I think I'm coming round to the theory/opinion that if you didn't have the proper full-on Astra Zeneca monkey sweats, not only are you a jammy sod, you probably aren't fully protected from the virus. Whereas those of us who have been through a night of hell will be able to swan about non-essential shops next week with carefree abandon.

I think I'm coming round to the theory/opinion that if you didn't have the proper full-on Astra Zeneca monkey sweats, not only are you a jammy sod, you probably aren't fully protected from the virus. Whereas those of us who have been through a night of hell will be able to swan about non-essential shops next week with carefree abandon.
ONE night ? :hmm:

I accept I am a jammy sod, having not even suffered a sore arm, but the bit in bold is bollocks, the vast majority of people don't suffer the 'full-on monkey sweats night of hell' side effects described by some on here, and I've posted a link before confirming those that haven't had side effects are equally protected.

Even jokes offer the opportunity to try to discuss serious detail. The number of people who remain asymptomatic after being infected with the virus should probably give pause for thought when it comes to crude assumptions about what symptoms really show for an individual, whether its from viruses or vaccines, the stuff we notice via symptoms etc is far from the whole story.

I'd like to think that this pandemic means I'll never have to go back to a world where people have strange attitudes as to what counts as 'proper flu' as opposed to what are imagined to be lesser illnesses, man flu etc. Hardly being able to get out of bed is not a reliable guide as to what a particular individual has caught. But I expect that there will come a time when I will still bump into dull presumptions on this front, and feel the need to correct them with equally dull explanations.

AverageJoe - how did it go wit the rash? Full recovery I hope?

Ah. Well reminded.

roots through the Baronesses bag for the letter

She is apparently 80% improved and the rash was an "eczematous process over psoriasis. The skin immunofluorescence is still pending".

So I guess literally just a skin reaction to the jab that was handled by using Ecolon cream and Prednisolone.

shrugs

More generally I'd say Urban seems to have a very out of the ordinary range of side effects given it's such a small sample, so I am slightly one eyebrow raised at some of what people have mentioned here. I've given hundreds of vaccines, talked to hundreds of people that have had vaccines, and get briefings on side effects and the latest data, and the stuff on here I've not seen mentioned or heard anywhere else. Like I said happy to see evidence otherwise, but it's worth considering other causes (other illnesses, psychological issues, etc.) Also coincidence is also entirely possible, as it people having a heightened sense of things due to watching for them, and as I've said before there's good research showing the expectation of side effects has a massive impact on people then having them.

I've been thinking about what you said there for some time and I dont really get where you are coming from. In that most of whats been described here seems like a reasonable fit for the following sort of figures. These apply to the AZ vaccine and are from Information for Healthcare Professionals on COVID-19 Vaccine AstraZeneca

The most frequently reported adverse reactions were injection site tenderness (63.7%); injection site pain (54.2%), headache (52.6%), fatigue (53.1%); myalgia (44.0%), malaise (44.2%); pyrexia (includes feverishness [33.6%] and fever ≥38°C [7.9%]), chills (31.9%), arthralgia (26.4%) and nausea (21.9%). The majority of adverse reactions were mild to moderate in severity and usually resolved within a few days of vaccination. By day 7 the incidence of subjects with at least one local or systemic reaction was 4% and 13% respectively. When compared with the first dose, adverse reactions reported after the second dose were milder and reported less frequently.

Perhaps I missed some reports on this forum which you are referring to. I'd certainly consider reports of anxiety to be normal given that backdrop, plenty of those symptoms could then lead to anxiety if a person thinks about them in a certain way or if their anxiety levels are normally raised on occasions where they feel 'run down'.

Back
Top Bottom