Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Trump done today?

Any idea what was cut?

The deal was that if you wanted to shoot in one of his buildings, you had to write him in a part. [Director] Martin Brest had to write something in Scent of a Woman — and the whole crew was in on it. You have to waste an hour of your day with a bullshit shot: Donald Trump walks in and Al Pacino’s like, “Hello, Mr. Trump!” — you had to call him by name — and then he exits. You waste a little time so that you can get the permit, and then you can cut the scene out. But I guess in Home Alone 2 they left it in.

Matt Damon Talks Clooney, Trump, 'Suburbicon' and Racism in America

It doesn't sound as if anything of note was cut, although perhaps there were more warnings of the horror to come, as appeared in The Simpsons and a 1997 cameo on Suddenly Susan.

to be fair (I know, I know ...) He preceded the bit about "Tremendous fumes, gases are spewing into the atmosphere" by referring to wind generator manufacture. Still bullshit though if he's promoting coal.

Didn't read about him saying about cancer in birds (wouldn't be surprised) but wind generators were accused of killing them. I did read that siting them away from bird paths cut that though.

to be fair (I know, I know ...) He preceded the bit about "Tremendous fumes, gases are spewing into the atmosphere" by referring to wind generator manufacture. Still bullshit though if he's promoting coal.

Didn't read about him saying about cancer in birds (wouldn't be surprised) but wind generators were accused of killing them. I did read that siting them away from bird paths cut that though.

Did read someone saying that it's not surprising there are all these hurricanes and things going round - there's just too many windmills that's the cause of it.
Aaaah! Of course. They spin round and around and there you go. Plain as the nose on your shoulder.

Context is everything ;)

Yes, I’ve also read somewhere that wind turbines can prove to kill many wild birds that stray in the path of turbine blades.

How can half of the US seriously think this gobshite is ok?
I’ve thought about this (and people voting Tory/Johnson). It seems the planners on the right have realized about 1/3rd of the population in any Western democracy are ‘low information’ voters. Easily manipulated with dog whistle appeals to their fears (immigrants, ‘the deep state’, ‘the other’). So fuck the informed other 2/3rd of voters. They wouldn’t vote in that direction anyway so why waste resources? So, gerrymander swing constituencies/voting districts and then bombard the voters in them with targeted FB ads. Also own the news networks that they watch and troll the ones they don’t. Result? Flawless victory. Same tactics (and in fact data mining companies) on both sides of the Atlantic. Google Robert Mercer who owns Cambridge Analytica. Also have at look at AggregateIQ (who’s offices in Victoria suddenly became vacant).
Robert Mercer - Wikipedia
ETA: link.

Christmas messages are usually full of love and happiness.

Trump likes to be different - spreading hate and hostility.

Speaking at his private club in Palm Beach, Florida, after a teleconference call with troops stationed across the globe, Trump singled out Speaker Nancy Pelosi, who is indefinitely holding up sending the articles of impeachment the House passed last week to the Republican-controlled Senate.

“She hates the Republican Party. She hates all of the people that voted for me and the Republican Party,” Trump charged on Christmas Eve. “She’s doing a tremendous disservice to the country.”

Trump lashes out at Pelosi as stalemate over impeachment trial lingers

Didnt know this but apparently Donald Trump is the first cast member of Home Alone 2 to be impeached by the House of Representatives

CBC edits out Donald Trump's cameo in Home Alone 2

The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (CBC) confirms it edited out a scene in Home Alone 2: Lost in New York featuring the-now President of the United States, Donald Trump.

Trump appeared briefly in the 1992 holiday classic in a scene where he directs young Kevin McAllister, portrayed by Macaulay Culkin, to the payphones at the Plaza Hotel. Trump purchased the landmark New York hotel in 1988 before selling it in the mid-90s.

In fact, just this week, Trump said he was "honored" to appear in the movie and praised the film as a "great hit" in a video conference to troops overseas.

But according to ComicBook.com, the CBC said it chose to remove the President's cameo due to time constraints.

Trumpist blowhards won't let a little fact like that get in the way of a good old-fashioned victim-playing hatefest.

Back
Top Bottom