Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

What stupid shit has Biden done today?

Biden's issued an Executive Order banning rail workers from striking for 60 days. The tories must be green with envy at this shit:

Funny to see the things that the Dems' hands are tied on and the things where their hands seem to be very much not tied.

This is excellent from Adam Tooze not just on the abject failures and mis-steps by Biden, but also on the failures of the American political class (both PMC/tech elites and old money interests) to address the climate, pandemic, economic and social perma-crisis.

The conclusion is that the morbid symptoms caused by an atrophied system controlled by divided elites is becoming terminal and “as the frustration of the Biden administration demonstrates, the political forces that animate the giant machine of the American state are factious and incoherent. It might only be a matter of time before that political incoherence begins to affect the major levers of economic and military power”

Biden's issued an Executive Order banning rail workers from striking for 60 days. The tories must be green with envy at this shit:

Funny to see the things that the Dems' hands are tied on and the things where their hands seem to be very much not tied.

Saving this one for the next time some idiot calls Biden a leftist.

This is excellent from Adam Tooze not just on the abject failures and mis-steps by Biden, but also on the failures of the American political class (both PMC/tech elites and old money interests) to address the climate, pandemic, economic and social perma-crisis.

The conclusion is that the morbid symptoms caused by an atrophied system controlled by divided elites is becoming terminal and “as the frustration of the Biden administration demonstrates, the political forces that animate the giant machine of the American state are factious and incoherent. It might only be a matter of time before that political incoherence begins to affect the major levers of economic and military power”

A good read, though I'd say it goes pretty easy on Biden.

Def on that, and also on not seeing the inflation spike coming.

The article is excellent in its analysis of the perma-crisis, on the increasing political fragmentation and on how power is mediated. But, Biden and elite liberals appear as unfortunate victims rather than as active participants and - and this is the real flaw for me - as one of the authors of the perma-crisis, increasing political fragmentation and narrators of power.

Unions express disappointment with the draft deal as a national rail stand-off looms. An emergency board appointed by President Biden issued recommendations for a national railroad contract on Tuesday that fell far short of what rail unions had pushed for, prompting tepid reactions from union leaders and outrage and dismay from many rank-and-file workers.

Roughly 115,000 railroad workers have been laboring without a contract for the past 3 years amid a standoff with the powerful carriers that dominate the U.S. rail industry. If the two sides don’t reach a new agreement by September 16, rail unions are allowed to authorize a national railroad strike, and carriers can launch a worker lock-out. Either action would likely paralyze the country’s already-burdened supply chain.

The other day Cranky Joe gave an awful pro-cop speech full of complete nonsense for his 'Safer America' plan.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Ax^
Breaking a campaign promise to hold Saudi Arabia to account for the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi by calling for total immunity for Mohammad Bin Salman.

This despite the deliberate huge decreasing of oil production from Saudi Arabia which benefits Russia, aswell as the fact that the Saudis only donated money to the republicans for the midterms (when they usually donate to both main parties).

Last edited:
Breaking a campaign promise to hold Saudi Arabia to account for the murder of journalist Jamal Khashoggi by calling for total immunity for Mohammad Bin Salman.
I'm not sure he "called for it". MBS declared himself prime minister, which gives him immunity under international law. Shit, but it didn't involve Biden thumping any desks.

I'm not sure he "called for it". MBS declared himself prime minister, which gives him immunity under international law. Shit, but it didn't involve Biden thumping any desks.
But the Biden administration called for it and issued a court filing saying he is immune, which they didn't have to do. The filing had an attached letter from Richard Visek, acting legal adviser to the US state department, instructing the Department of Justice to submit a “suggestion of immunity” to the court.

And you've not addressed the other stuff I mentioned. The Biden administration has grovelled before the Saudis and they've just responded by stitching them up and are just laughing at them. And whatever way you look at it Biden has broken his campaign promise to make Saudi Arabia a pariah state and to hold them to account for the brutal murder of Khashoggi.

Last edited:
If you think it doesn't matter who is in office. A friend of mine who is disabled, said that she's getting a substantial raise in her SSI because she got a good cost of living increase. This means she can stay in her home another year instead of having to go to a nursing home. I've said before that this is just crumbs, but sometimes it makes the difference between a life of dignity in your home, or being put into a nursing home by social services.

If you think it doesn't matter who is in office. A friend of mine who is disabled, said that she's getting a substantial raise in her SSI because she got a good cost of living increase. This means she can stay in her home another year instead of having to go to a nursing home. I've said before that this is just crumbs, but sometimes it makes the difference between a life of dignity in your home, or being put into a nursing home by social services.
A scab is exac;ty what Biden is. And anyway, such poverty and inequality (crumbs) shouldn't even exist and I've explained very clearly on the other Biden thread why it doesn't really matter whose in office. You're also completely missing the point about how inflation affects the lives of working class people and makes increases in amounts of money meaningless.

But you people never listen, its quasi-religious to people like you and such electoralist politics is partly to blame for the human species clinging on to capitalism and the state when we should be leaving it behind. You people put too much energy into it instead of promoting and trying to build revolutionary autonoumous alternatives from below and will pull out all the stops you can to stubbornly double down and defend your precious ruling class politicians. You are just as to blame as the right wingers and are just as anti-proletariat and you support and prop-up the very same system as them, causing the same misery for working class people and the same harm to our environment.

Anyway you will very much disagree and I will have much better uses for my time than spending it all pointlessly and endlessly arguing with someone like you about stuff.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom