Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

US election 2020 thread

if you're curious about the connection of Xianism and the capitol invasion, put "capitol blood of jesus" into google.

“We just wanted to get inside the building," the affidavit quotes Black saying. "I wanted to get inside the building so I could plead the blood of Jesus over it. That was my goal.”

Black said he carried a knife with him but "wasn't planning on pulling it."

it took a strongly worded letter, but the Thinker had a a think

that's some pretty clear language and i yearn to see every rightwinger eat those words.

They'll just see it as yet another former ally who lacks the determination and zeal that still burns within them.

Which is all good, because the more wedges these alt-right factions can drive between themselves, the better...

if you're curious about the connection of Xianism and the capitol invasion, put "capitol blood of jesus" into google.

“We just wanted to get inside the building," the affidavit quotes Black saying. "I wanted to get inside the building so I could plead the blood of Jesus over it. That was my goal.”

Black said he carried a knife with him but "wasn't planning on pulling it."
Well, that blood of Jesus can't be relied upon - sometimes the stigmata need a little help...

it took a strongly worded letter, but the Thinker had a a think

that's some pretty clear language and i yearn to see every rightwinger eat those words.

I've wondered for a while now if the fastest and most efficient way to deal with the lies spread by the Trumpists, the Trumpist media, and Trump himself is via threat of lawsuits and the prospect of massive damages payouts.

I would like to see someone, preferably a public figure or media outlet, go out and say "I hereby accuse Donald J. Trump of being a lying sack of shit over x y and z election claims. If I am wrong, let him sue me".

I've wondered for a while now if the fastest and most efficient way to deal with the lies spread by the Trumpists, the Trumpist media, and Trump himself is via threat of lawsuits and the prospect of massive damages payouts.

I would like to see someone, preferably a public figure or media outlet, go out and say "I hereby accuse Donald J. Trump of being a lying sack of shit over x y and z election claims. If I am wrong, let him sue me".
Plenty of public figures have been doing more or less that for the last 5 years, it doesn't seem to have helped much.

I guess the fight to keep Trump in power will continue.

"We know we are focused on one account right now, but this is going to be much bigger than just one account, and it’s going to go on for much longer than just this day, this week, and the next few weeks, and go on beyond the inauguration," Dorsey said.

Many conservatives saw that comment as a sign of what’s to come.

Greene announced last week that she will be filing articles of impeachment against President-elect Joe Biden a day after the inauguration.

She said her motivation is to stand up for the 75 million Americans who are "fed up with inaction" in government.

I've just read something that i found both incredibly relevant but also an example of Hitler Being Right:

In Mein Kampf, Hitler admired left-wing demonstrations because, he said, they ‘burned into the small, wretched individual the proud conviction that, paltry worm as he was, he was nevertheless a part of a great dragon’.8 But, as I have noted above, the middle-class recruits to fascism lacked the collective traditions of the left. So, instead of the solidarity of the factory, fascists looked to war as a model of excitement, purpose, and fraternity

From Fascists among us online hate and the Christchurch massacre by Jeff Sparrow.

I guess the fight to keep Trump in power will continue.

announced last week that she will be filing articles of impeachment against President-elect Joe Biden a day after the inauguration.
Respect to her for that. It took us a couple of days into his leadership to get a Keir Starmer's Time Is Up thread.

This footage the New Yorker have from the Capitol riot is wild.

My favourite is the guy taking photos of whatever is in a random file left lying around giving it "there must be somethign we can use against these bastards!"

Here it is! Agenda item 7. Recap: how the election was stolen from Donald Trump

FBI vetting Guard troops in DC amid fears of insider attack
AP. 18/01/21
WASHINGTON (AP) — U.S. defense officials say they are worried about an insider attack or other threat from service members involved in securing President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration, prompting the FBI to vet all of the 25,000 National Guard troops coming into Washington for the event.

The massive undertaking reflects the extraordinary security concerns that have gripped Washington following the deadly Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol by pro-Trump rioters. And it underscores fears that some of the very people assigned to protect the city over the next several days could present a threat to the incoming president and other VIPs in attendance.

Army Secretary Ryan McCarthy told The Associated Press on Sunday that officials are conscious of the potential threat, and he warned commanders to be on the lookout for any problems within their ranks as the inauguration approaches. So far, however, he and other leaders say they have seen no evidence of any threats, and officials said the vetting hadn’t flagged any issues that they were aware of.

of course, competent conspirators would have made their plans some time back. how about if they had predicted that people having a pop at the capitol the day of the joint session of congress would lead to plans for greater security including getting out the national guard? people in the sort of right-wing trumpist circles - or even rather further right - could have factored those decisions into their preparation. cue a movie similar to day of the jackal, perhaps afternoon of the coyote.

Back
Top Bottom