Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

And now a French General election too (2024)

The centrists are toxic and any alliance with them merely guarantees a bigger FN vote next time, a loss of insurgency and a pincer movement by capital and its political representatives to dilute any serious programme.

Given the FN position the left should form a government and call people onto the streets if the centrists refuse to support their programme and usher in new elections.
Ah interesting, I think you read the situation as that the left can form a government without the need for any wider coalition. I hadn't considered that possible

...the RN doesn't really have a project for this country, beyond taking power. They find and fuel any petty grievance in social media and polls, and add it to their list of reforms.

People complain that wind turbines are an eyesore and make too much noise? The RN promises to stop any wind power project and dismantle existing fields. People complain that EVs are too expensive and will be mandatory in the EU in 2035? No more EV for the RN. People complain about kids glued to their phone, which is destroying the fabric of our civilization? The RN will save us all by forbidding kids to use phones at school.

Regarding education more specifically, the RN wants more authority in schools, different kinds of collèges (from 11 years old to 14 years old) for kids depending on their abilities ( the equivalent of trade schools is only available for kids older than 14 currently), uniforms in schools, no phone in school, and closed schools (prisons) for disruptive (foreign looking) kids.

Far right are being supported on social media by a coordinated fake news campaign, some of which links back to Russia. They’re using AI to generate content but often leaving the prompts in, which are a bit of a giveaway.

One example detailed here:

I wonder if Farage is getting similar support?

Probably more use if you have a grasp of French.

Some info about the RN candidates with a track record when you click the coloured constituencies.

The areas with the ochre border show candidates who were elected in the first round

By the way when I said some of them had a track record I wasn't kidding,

Meet the Mayenne candidate who has a criminal record for taking a mayoral civil servant hostage an demanding to talk to the prefet (with the assistance of a shotgun - which was reportedly discharged accidentally - and of her husband who played lookout) because she was upset her business was failing.

1719950387537.png

Ok so what chance Macron's lot are squeezed and NUPES win a majority? Prime Minister Melenchon? It's a big ask, but if Ensemble collapse...
My initial hopes haven't quite come about. But Prime Minister Melenchon (albeit an unstable, minority PM) has now become the bookies' favourite outcome. :eek:

The president has the power and the duty to call the NFP to govern.

I have to wonder if UK election might have pushed some apathetic/undecided voters to go Left, even if for no other reason than that they didn't want to look worse than les fucking rosbif
Doing it here would be impossible.

Back
Top Bottom