Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

US election 2020 thread

Anthime Gionet aka 'Baked Alaska' arrested.

Far-right personality 'Baked Alaska' arrested in riot probe - AP news

From the FBI affidavit [PDF] about his live stream from the Capitol Building
At approximately the 18:05 mark in the YouTube video the defendant shouts, “America First is inevitable. Fuck Globalists, let’s go!” At approximately the 21:10 mark in the YouTube video the defendant remarks “Occupy the Capitol let’s go. We ain’t leaving this bitch.” At approximately the 19:00 mark in the YouTube video the defendant enters another office. The defendant sits on a couch and places his feet on a table. The defendant encourages others not to break anything.

Investigations Regarding Violence at the Capitol - Department of Justice
(List of those charged in federal court in the District of Columbia)

Under existing law, the president has the power to issue preemptive pardons for actions that have already occurred that haven't resulted in charges or convictions yet, but can't issue pardons for actions that might happen in the future.

But Trump's probably going to issue a last-minute batch of pardons so over-the-top that it'll likely result in changes to the presidential pardon powers.

It‘s a crazily corrupt thing, issuing pardons for mates with no solid justification. It definitely needs changing. I’m secretly hoping that he’s so pissed off with people turning against him that he doesn’t bother pardoning anyone at all, but slim chance. It burns a bit that cunts like Bannon and Stone don’t get to go to jail.

It‘s a crazily corrupt thing, issuing pardons for mates with no solid justification. It definitely needs changing. I’m secretly hoping that he’s so pissed off with people turning against him that he doesn’t bother pardoning anyone at all, but slim chance. It burns a bit that cunts like Bannon and Stone don’t get to go to jail.

has he pardoned Bannon yet?

I'VE BEEN CLEARED!

What I think is really interesting about the charges is that none of them seem really major, IYSWIM, it's the cumulative effect that I think will shock a lot of the people being charged.

"Wait, what? 25 years?!"

Carefully selected in that they are all really easy to prove with all the video evidence.

The fucking naivete of most of this lot has been amazing. I am not one for a crackdown by the pigs but fuck me this lot were clueless

Samuel posted something an hour ago...I believe Samuel now wishes he hadn't :facepalm:

View attachment 249433

Interesting detail there. Cameron says they aren't cutting deals for the rioters. Earlier in the thread it was said that a huge proportion of federal crimes are plea bargained. If that's the case (the plea bargains, no reason to doubt it, sounded legit to me), then they really are going for them properly.

Would love to see some more info on that if it comes up anywhere.

If Trump does pardon them then presumably Washington State would be able to charge them with something juicy. But would the State court be able to bring them to Washington to face trial if they live in for example Texas?

What I think is really interesting about the charges is that none of them seem really major, IYSWIM, it's the cumulative effect that I think will shock a lot of the people being charged.

"Wait, what? 25 years?!"

Carefully selected in that they are all really easy to prove with all the video evidence.

The fucking naivete of most of this lot has been amazing. I am not one for a crackdown by the pigs but fuck me this lot were clueless

25 years for doing what the President said to do, OUTRAGOUS! And the police cheated, how are you supposed to have a revolution if the police use things like teargas

If Trump does pardon them then presumably Washington State would be able to charge them with something juicy. But would the State court be able to bring them to Washington to face trial if they live in for example Texas?

This is where the US gets complicated- Washington isn't a state. Well, Washington is a state bit it's 3000 miles away on the west coast. Washington DC isn't a state, so I don't think there are state charges which can be levelled.

In that case if he can pardon the Blackwater scum I doubt he'd think twice about pardoning this lot. Whether he'd view them as important enough to spend valuable golfing time on is different though.

In that case if he can pardon the Blackwater scum I doubt he'd think twice about pardoning this lot. Whether he'd view them as important enough to spend valuable golfing time on is different though.

Pardoning this bunch of half arsed seditionist LARPers would be seen by many as saying "they didn't do much wrong, only what I told them to do".

At that point, much of the "call for unity, sweep under the carpet and move on" brigade disappears, and is very loudly replaced by the "federal charges and THROW THE FUCKING BOOK AT TRUMP" brigade. If Trump issues a blanket pardon for an armed insurrection, that will be the thing that ensures he never sees another day outside prison.

has he pardoned Bannon yet?

Not yet, but believed to be imminent. Bannon is being charged for some sort of fraud/scam involving raising money for Trump’s wall and trousering a lot of it himself. Although he parted with Trump early in the administration and a few sour words were said, he’s reported to be back in the team helping with the election challenges over the last month.

For those who've not been following Mr. Alaska's career, here's a reminder of some of his finer moments from happier times:

Lovely bit of writing there :D

Every crew has some sad, desperate shitheel nipping at their heels, just begging to be a part of the gang. For the neo-Nazis, that’s Tim Gionet—better known as Baked Alaska—whom you may remember as that shrill, bloviating baby who maybe (almost definitely) maced himself in Charlottesville to really own the libs. You can relive that whole spectacle above.

On the street, he makes his thoroughly modern, white supremacist case by filming himself badgering people on the street, then using the fact that he’s owned time and again as a “so much for the tolerant left” argument. These many, many hilarious humiliations have been chronicled on the website Milk Leaks as a public service.

One recent embarrassment that Baked Alaska chose to share with the world found him harassing three women outside of a club, one of whom broke his “new iPhone 7" after he repeatedly refused to stop filming her. In the video—a torturous five hours long, which Death And Taxes has helpfully cued up just to the pertinent scenes—he calls the cops on her, only for them to arrive, listen to his rambling, then quickly drive off, leaving him despondent on the curb, his equally sad friend urging him, “Let’s go, Baked.” You may love the cops, buddy, but they sure don’t love you back.

But “Baked” lives this shit; it’s hardly the first time his mixture of candid camera video, troll humor, and lecherousness has resulted in humiliation. Take, for example, the time he made a “grab her by the pussy joke” to a young woman dressed as a cat, then asked if she was single, then found out she was 13 years old.

And there is a bit more which is worth reading too :)

The writing there is amusing, but most of the links don't work and none of the videos are loading. Why are so many sites like this fucking broken?!
Yeah, I think milkleaks itself is down. Tbh, in this specific instance I think it might be because he's very keen on filing copyright claims to get people to take down that video of him sleazing on a 13-year-old and similar. I think you can still find his Charlottesville video on youtube though:

Because the article is from 18 months or more ago and who the fuck goes back and updates that shit?

It's certainly reminded me the essential evanescence of shit that's on the internet. To think that someone criticised my PC build for having too much storage. Relying on the internet is a fool's game.

It's certainly reminded me the essential evanescence of shit that's on the internet. To think that someone criticised my PC build for having too much storage. Relying on the internet is a fool's game.

Indeed. So much so that I corrected my post in what appeared to be enough time before anyone had quoted it only to find someone had already quoted it.

Shifting sand, the whole thing is shifting sand I tell you

If he pardons people like the above, surely that could go against him in the impeachment trial?

Yep, all these people saying they should get a pardon because they were only doing what Trump told them to do is going to make it tricky for him to defend himself against charges of inciting insurrection, and even more so if he pardons any of them.

Back
Top Bottom