Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban v's the Commentariat

Where's this article then? I want to read it.

The cafe I stop in for a mug of tea (and occasional sausage sandwich when I'm supposed to be in the gym, shhh) stocks The Sun. I'd persuade them not to but it's useful to read it from time to time....

irishtimes said:
Geography, in contrast, was a decent paper. You needed to know your stuff, but there was nothing engineered to make you cry.
The option question, the big one that everyone worries about, was actually quite nice. The subject of racial and ethnic mixing was a happy question for all of us who do geography in Adamstown. There are 60 different nationalities in this school and we all get on famously.
Dunno what the actual question was but what's going on in Adamstown? Imagine the carnage if intersectionalistas were let loose there. "Ok class, we have a treat for you today. Please welcome our special guests Richard Seymour of sex chair fiasco fame, Stavvers from twitter and Laurie Penny from Brighton College, Oxford, and Harvard; all places which might as well be the fecking moon for the likes of you..."

Looks like there's some serious whitesplaining going on here. :mad:

whitesplaining.jpg

Some of the boys wear their uniform with long hair and beards
Beards.:confused::mad:

Last edited:
In what ways was it awful?
Just felt a bit pointless I suppose - there was an air of it wanting to be some kind of celebration of triumph over adversity, which didn't really work considering what happened. I suppose the weird tenuous connection it tried to make with the arab spring was attempting to create and uplifting finish... That bit about Richard Branson's last minute mercy flight with Nelson Mandela was just fucking laughable. John Rees weeping, Damon Albarn... the whole thing was a mess.

Just felt a bit pointless I suppose - there was an air of it wanting to be some kind of celebration of triumph over adversity, which didn't really work considering what happened. I suppose the weird tenuous connection it tried to make with the arab spring was attempting to create and uplifting finish... That bit about Richard Branson's last minute mercy flight with Nelson Mandela was just fucking laughable. John Rees weeping, Damon Albarn... the whole thing was a mess.
Wow, fucking Branson.

Still you got to see Rees cry so not a total loss.

Last edited:
Good to see the Dublin hitman community embracing intersectionality.

Locals at the scene suggested the gunman was dressed in women’s clothing when he approached the men and opened fire using an automatic weapon.

Not so good that they're bagging the wrong people.

Gardaí believe he was not the killer’s target but was fatally wounded in a case of mistaken identity. He was shot in the head.

I can't remember who it was on here that suggested that the state should just let the gangs shoot it out but this latest case of innocent people being killed illustrates why that's not a particularly helpful solution.

Back
Top Bottom