Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban v's the Commentariat

Expect more and more of this

You mean like this?

trigger-warning-letter-size.png

Where the fuck is this narrative coming from that somehow the Lib Dems were a moderating influence on the Tory-Lib Dem assault on the poor?

The narrative has been under construction since May 2010, when the Lib-Dem cheerleaders and wonks realised that they'd have to try and discursively "square the circle" of Lib-Dem actions measured against Lib-Dem public pronouncements.

They backed the welfare persecutions, persecution of the disabled, universal credit, free schools, further privatisation of the NHS and contributed to and supported the scrounger rhetoric which has led to an atmosphere in which thousands have died. Yet now they want to act as if they were against all of this and idiots like Helen Lewis fall for it, probably because they are so far removed fro any of this and so rich they are probably in the small minority that actually benefit financially from the Tories.

Lewis hasn't fallen for anything. Her politics (left liberal) mean that she buys into the narrative because it benefits her to do so. She's no dupe.

Not really sure where to put this so here is as good as anywhere I suppose.

Pink-washing the arm of the intelligence services which would make the Stasi blush

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-gloucestershire-32753794

The GCHQ "doughnut" building in Cheltenham is to be lit up in rainbow colours as a symbol of the intelligence agency's commitment to diversity.
It will take place later, to mark International Day Against Homophobia, Transphobia and Biphobia.

We'll illegally spy on you, collect all of your data, collect pictures of your kids and you naked and pass them around as a fringe benefit then get our mates to intimidate the media into not reporting any of this while we get MPs to make it retrospectively legal but hey look some of us are gay so it's alright.

Caroline Criado-Perez on why we should be celebrating the election results. It's in the big issue - so all those newly homeless women turfed out their home's by the benefit cap can celebrate this great step forward.

It is much harder for men private school and oxbridge scions of multi-millioaire ceo's to be able to see sexism, because it simply doesn’t affect them

Caroline Criado-Perez on why we should be celebrating the election results. It's in the big issue - so all those newly homeless women turfed out their home's by the benefit cap can celebrate this great step forward.

Bliss was it in that dawn to be crushed alive,
But to be living in a bin was very heaven!

Four Die Sleeping In Bins

Waste collection firm Biffa also revealed yesterday that its crews had reported finding 93 people sleeping in their bins in the last year.

Female representation matters for women. You don’t have to agree with the woman’s politics. You don’t even have to like her. But her presence will nevertheless aid women in their aspirations, self-confidence, and achievements.

48 female Tory MPs and 7 Lib Dem MPs in the last Parliament

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...oalitions-tax-and-benefit-tweaks-9907143.html

Pardon me for thinking 'fuck the fuck off'. Can we deal with the roof over me and my kids' heads and the food in their bellies and the shoes on their feet before we deal with my self-confidence and achievements :rolleyes:

Presumably Thatcher being elected as PM was a golden time for women being able to celebrate their achievements and develop their self belief!

Shame the wives who set up and ran the miners support groups, the women of Greenham Common, the women fighting health service cuts in NUPE and millions of others didn't understand this important fact like this great feminist mind of today does.

Rod Liddle's column about the Goldsmiths row and intersectionalist in The Sun today is a curious read. Seems entirely cribbed from here.

So, presuming you're still around "researching" Rod, I thought you might want to know that your Clarkson-lite schtick isn't fooling anyone. Your writing still reeks of the smug liberalism of the metropolitan elite.

...and you're welcome to quote me on that.

Rod Liddle's column about the Goldsmiths row and intersectionalist in The Sun today is a curious read. Seems entirely cribbed from here.

So, presuming you're still around "researching" Rod, I thought you might want to know that your Clarkson-lite schtick isn't fooling anyone. Your writing still reeks of the smug liberalism of the metropolitan elite.

...and you're welcome to quote me on that.
Where's this article then? I want to read it.

Where's this article then? I want to read it.
Googled and found this http://www.theguardian.com/books/2014/may/22/selfish-whining-monkeys-rod-liddle-review from a year ago today

Liddle is a typical petit bourgeois, afraid of either being absorbed into the proletariat he champions, or destroyed by the capitalist bogeyman he excoriates but depends on for his wonga. The cultural cringing of the squeezed intellectual middle is creased into every line of this baggy diatribe, in the form of scores of French loan words, pasquinades poorly aimed at intellectuals he regards as pretentious, and of course that plethora of fucks.

Back
Top Bottom