Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban v's the Commentariat

Milo Yiannopoulos and Delingpole were pro-GamerGater's, which tells you all you need to know.

Milo also allegedly had a thing for Nazi Germany some years ago.

Screen+Shot+2013-01-15+at+22.14.25.png

Screen+Shot+2013-01-15+at+22.04.56.png

http://pme2013.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/the-art-of-self-loathing.html

That stuff aimed at Sam Ambreen makes me sick to my stomach. She does not deserve that.

Of course it's not just kids, and being on the internet doesn't make it any less serious in the same way that people on say vanguard news network or scumfront's threats should be taken seriously as on many occasions they have carried them out, or the way salafist forums are used to recruit jihadis, etc

I know a woman from my uni, has some pretty serious issues, who has actually has managed to swing herself a (I suspect paid) position writing for a right-wing libertarian website. Her schtick is basically to legitimise the misogyny of the website's disgustingly bigoted readership by saying 'hey I am willing to say sexist things too, you totally aren't sexist!' - gamergate seems to be the platform she has used to launch her 'writing' to a wider readership.

Gamergate seems like it acts like a gateway to nastier and nastier views.

gamergate is the public face of those shitbags, the fuckwits who thought releasing chat logs full of rape threats proved they weren't in it to attack women. who have sucked in others with their claims that anyone who ins't talking about ethics in games journalism isn't a proper gamergater. note that it's the women being targetted, not the big games manufacturers who actually do have the money and influence to pay for good reviews with cash and other benefits. the rape threats aren't arseholes who only claim to be gamergaters. they are the true face of the group that is now draggin in the free-speach at any cost types and 'respectable' misogynists, and right wing publicity seeking cunts and don't forget our old freinds, the MRAs.

being on the internet doesn't make it any less serious

It isn't on the internet as soon as they dox you; I know where you live is the basic threat of threats. Nasty and highly intimidating and doesn't need anything more than one in a hundred such threats to be carried out to frighten people off.

Of course it's not 'just kids'. I'd expect the majority to be adult men in 20,30s,40s. And men in late teens and twenties ARE adult men, not 'kids'.

It's also just goes to show the hatred of women speaking up for women's rights too. These men don't exist in a bubble, they're just saying the vile shit a lot of men think.

That it exists at all and isn't shut down immediately by the police (in the same way threats to businesses by hackers is) is a fucking scandal and says a lot about the extent that deep seated misogyny is tolerated and supported by society.

It's like the internet is the uncensored version of the battle for women's rights, and these cunts act like they want to shut women up. They say shut the fuck up or we'll frighten you and threaten you to shut you up. Cunts.

I do hope you fed him his own teeth.

Alas, no. My other half was always warning me off picking a fight with him seeing as we were class mates, and she probably had the right of it tbf.

It *is* remarkable how easily cowed he was in person as compared to when he was hiding behind a computer screen though. Even on facebook under his real name he would go off on one at the slightest hint of a challenge, but in class he was very quick to learn to keep schtum when I was nearby.

Alas, no. My other half was always warning me off picking a fight with him seeing as we were class mates, and she probably had the right of it tbf.

It *is* remarkable how easily cowed he was in person as compared to when he was hiding behind a computer screen though. Even on facebook under his real name he would go off on one at the slightest hint of a challenge, but in class he was very quick to learn to keep schtum when I was nearby.

Usually the case mate - and joking apart, satisfying as it might be unless you seriously maimed him the only person who'd suffer long term consequences would be you. And if you did seriously maim him you'd be in even more shit. It's like catch 22 or summat!

Here you go Cathy

Lola Sánchez Caldentey

17575610.jpg

A graduate of political science and social movement activist, like many young Spanish people she emigrated to find the work that she couldn't find in Spain. When she was elected as an MEP for Podemos she was working as a waitress in Murcia. Since being elected she has been generally awesome, and has been particularly vehement in her opposition to the TTIP.

Teresa Rodriguez

teresa-rodriguez-foto-podemos-dona-sueldo-asociacion-default.jpg

Former Izquierda Unida militant, veteran of anti-NATO protests and prominent feminist, she left the IU due to its power sharing agreement with the PSOE in Andalucia. She worked as a secondary school teacher. Elected as a Podemos MEP in 2014.

whose james bloodworth then? never heard of him before. when jonesy calls him a Bolshevik, is he using the term Bolshevik accurately?

^^
Wow. That's some blatant lifting from others from ol' Bloodworth.

Haha, look who OJ nominated for 'radical' women:

Foreign-Policy-magazine--001.jpg

The same woman who wrote that infamous piece for Foreign Policy called about all Arab men hating women. Not that misogynist behaviour is exclusive to Arab males it was clearly a misdirected article. Especially when writing for FP indicates the type of audience you are aiming for. It raises serious issues but the front cover is beyond problematic.

Her new book is called Headscarves and Hymens: Why the Middle East Needs a Sexual Revolution. Not essientialising identity at all.

Last edited:
from others from ol' Bloodworth.

Haha, look who OJ nominated for 'radical' women:

Foreign-Policy-magazine--001.jpg

The same woman who wrote that infamous piece for Foreign Policy called about all Arab men hating women. Not that misogynist behaviour is exclusive to Arab males it was clearly a misdirected article. Especially when writing FP indicates the type of audience you are aiming for.

Her new book is called Headscarves and Hymens: Why the Middle East Needs a Sexual Revolution. Not essientialising identity at all.

Feminist imperialism, that's a new one.

Back
Top Bottom