Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban v's the Commentariat

Not the commentariat, feminists. i think. probably. erm.....

I think there might be some interesting points in there, mainly focused on the idea that you don't see backlash this severe unless you've actually gained ground. However, they have been made many times before by people who know more about feminism than a few buzzwords. That would be people who can actually write them in a way that doesn't a. make my eyes bleed and b. make me believe the worst job in journalism must be editing LPs wibble into something printable.

Not the commentariat, feminists. i think. probably. erm.....

I think there might be some interesting points in there, mainly focused on the idea that you don't see backlash this severe unless you've actually gained ground. However, they have been made many times before by people who know more about feminism than a few buzzwords. That would be people who can actually write them in a way that doesn't a. make my eyes bleed and b. make me believe the worst job in journalism must be editing LPs wibble into something printable.

I guess if we have to talk about it seriously...

There are spikes and falls in interest in feminism all the time. But at certain points feminist movements have changed things before the inevitable reactionary backlash; LP and her ilk change nothing, they just rehash and repackage old ideas.

I guess if we have to talk about it seriously...

There are spikes and falls in interest in feminism all the time. But at certain points feminist movements have changed things before the inevitable reactionary backlash; LP and her ilk change nothing, they just rehash and repackage old ideas.

Absolutely.
That's an article that's been written by several people about GamerGate with a few minor adjustments to make it supposedly more general, as far as I can tell.

that stuff was going about before gamergate.

hasn't weev boasted of his many 'doxing'* exploits against women he doesn't like?

*of course we have to have a new word for 'hacking and then leaking someones personal information. Because a) internet and b) the 'chan crowd love the weird ideolect

the commentariat are winning. :hmm:

CharlieSheen_900-600-07-17-12.jpg

hasn't weev boasted of his many 'doxing'* exploits against women he doesn't like?

*of course we have to have a new word for 'hacking and then leaking someones personal information. Because a) internet and b) the 'chan crowd love the weird ideolect
The word "dox" is probably older than you. It has been in use since at least the 1980s. Admittedly, it has only become a mainstream term fairly recently.

rise up PD.jpg

Dunno where else to put this ID pol nonsense. Why do I get the feeling that whoever came up with that are alumni of proper posh private schools?

Why do I get the feeling that whoever came up with that are alumni of proper posh private schools?

It's worse than that; they've sort to replicate one - The Emma Goldman Finishing School

Well more a hippy housing co-op, but the name is telling. Also...

we encourage membership in all ages, races, ethnicities, abilities, orientations, and class backgrounds.

:facepalm:

Back
Top Bottom