Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban v's the Commentariat

Love A Good Plagiarism Row.

Washington Post said:
Columns by CNN host Fareed Zakaria, who was disciplined after a plagiarism controversy two years ago, are under scrutiny after new accusations from an anonymous Internet watchdog that says he copied passages from other writers’ work.

The questions were raised Tuesday by the site Our Bad Media, which exposed Buzzfeed’s Benny Johnson as a serial plagiarist in July, leading to his dismissal. The site posted 12 examples from Zakaria columns that it said echo facts or passages from other sources without proper attribution.

I don't want to talk about the stupid shit she comes out with anymore, but that is ridiculous. Also considering the separate exam boards not even possible I'd imagine.
I'd b shocked* if she turned out to be lying
*totally unsurprised. Actually.

I'm looking for the Oxford Union etc stuff, and I've found a transcript of what she said in the old thread (here). Does anyone know where Sihhi found it from? I'll keep looking but the whole topic is difficult to find much about.

I'm looking for the Oxford Union etc stuff, and I've found a transcript of what she said in the old thread (here). Does anyone know where Sihhi found it from? I'll keep looking but the whole topic is difficult to find much about.
Knowing sihhi, i reckon he watched the vid and wrote it down. At least that part. He doesn't post here anymore and i've lost his number, otherwise i'd ask - maybe Spanky Longhorn or some one has it?

I am struggling to hear the radio report over the industrial roar of an espresso machine and the smooth jazz drifting in through speakers. I am sitting in a hipster café in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The girl at the next table over from me has no idea where Ferguson is, or what is happening there, despite the battle for her country’s soul going on 1,200 miles away in the Midwest. She was unaware, until I brought it up in conversation, that on 9 August, an unarmed African-American teenager had been shot and killed by police. Outside, on a balmy, late-summer morning in a mainly white university town, with no police on the streets, life goes on as normal. Please repeat – this is America.

It's gone from annoying to brilliant now. I loved that paragraph. Impossible to do a spoof version of that. It's perfect.​

Looks like it was taken down. Dead link here. And Private on the oxford union youtube channel.

But...PD have a copy in the vaults. Big data ftw.

BvqFuDpIgAA86np.jpg

The smug faces of the enemy

Back
Top Bottom