Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Urban v's the Commentariat

In fairness, she spent the weekend emptying the shed of coal.

Right, Father.
The roof should be Ok now.
I hoovered the upstairs and I did the attic, top to bottom.
What else? Oh, yes, yes.
I washed your car.
Also, I built a greenhouse beside the garage.
Will that be all for today?
Oh, Mrs Doyle. Any chance of a cup of tea for your two favourite priests? (Whistling) God, Ted, it's only 11.

:)

Not in Belgium then where hundreds of thousands marched because they knew this went much deeper than just Mark Dutroux.
Not strictly correct, the White March was for a better police and justice system, because there were some pretty horrendous mistakes in the police investigation which meant that 4 girls died when they likely could have been rescued.

The march was intended not only as a protest at what is becoming popularly perceived as an incompetent law and order system, but also as an expression of sympathy with the victims of a gang reportedly led by a convicted child rapist, Marc Dutroux, one of the 13 charged.

http://www.nytimes.com/1996/10/21/world/275000-in-belgium-protest-handling-of-child-sex-scandal.html

New OJ book out soon. The bowler hat on the cover is a bad start. Get out of the 60's man! Chavs had a burberry cap on the cover. Maybe it's a cleverclogs theme and his 3rd one will feature I dunno a beret, 'Resistance - on the front lines in the war on povs" or something.

Lovely as those reviews are, they may be the last - my chapter on the media probably won’t do go down a storm with some
It's going to be a slagging of guido, murdoch, and the daily mail isn't it.

owen jones establishment.jpg

I found a really old copy of 'Dude wheres my country' by Michael Moore and took it to the bog for some shit -lit. Proper proper liberal garbage. I hope Jones doesn't go down this path, the way he's started to call anyone left of labour an anarchist or a swappie is not an encouraging sign.

Can we not do something with the bowler hat and the Clockwork Orange poster?

Clockwork_orangeA.jpg

Being the adventures of a young man whose principle interests are being chuffed/gutted, recruiting people to the Labour party and...

sort of thing?

Speaking of Oxford, this is probably the appalling indictment of the class system ever.

A Theory of Justice: the Musical!

oxford shit toffs.jpg

In order to draw inspiration for his magnum opus, John Rawls travels back through time to converse (in song) with a selection of political philosophers, including Plato, Locke, Rousseau and Mill. But the journey is not as smooth as he hoped: for as he pursues his love interest, the beautiful student Fairness, through history, he must escape the evil designs of his libertarian arch-nemesis, Robert Nozick, and his objectivist lover, Ayn Rand.. Will he achieve his goal of defining Justice as Fairness?

oxford shit toffs 2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom