Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

Been arrested now...

Fuck the piece of shit

Jack Teixeira is believed to have led Thug Shaker Central, an online group where about 20 to 30 people shared their love of guns, racist memes and video games, the New York reported, citing interviews and documents it reviewed.

What was that WW2 thing again ...

"loose lips sink ships"

Although they - the yanks - need to up their standard of vetting & security protocols

Been arrested now...

He looks about the same age as my Lad. I've just had a word with him about his COD swarm or whatever its called. One of his COD mates is in the air cadets. Better be safe than..

You have to wonder how exactly a 21 year old reservist managed to get access to these docs. It's a pretty colossal fuck up.

IT admin, if he’s got access to folders and permissions he can do whatever with them and unless the section is very good st watching itself it’s easy to forget that the IT dept has overwrite power to a vast array of your environment

You have to wonder how exactly a 21 year old reservist managed to get access to these docs. It's a pretty colossal fuck up.

1.25 million people have access to this supposedly "Top Secret" information, so it will have already long-since been leaked to everyone who would like to see it.

1.25 million people have access to this supposedly "Top Secret" information, so it will have already long-since been leaked to everyone who would like to see it.

Presumably a similar problem that they had with Chelsea Manning; a widely distributed set of secretish documents to allow interaction between various services/branches. But they had that problem 13 years ago... Maybe ol' Joe's telling the truth and most of the info is of limited use now. But y'know, you get at it in above post, you have that level of access, you just are going to get leaks sooner or later. At least put an age gate on it or something.

IT admin, if he’s got access to folders and permissions he can do whatever with them and unless the section is very good st watching itself it’s easy to forget that the IT dept has overwrite power to a vast array of your environment

I'd have hoped the most powerful military in the world might be a little different to a small IT firm, but clearly not. :D

Not sure how vetting and access works in the US but here in the UK you get ‘occasional’ access to Top Secret if you have SC clearance. This is basically a criminal record and credit check and a check against security service information, it’s a paperwork exercise with no interviews . It’s a long way from the DV level of intrusive investigation.

Been arrested now...

US forces actively recruit these types of people so maybe they should examine that policy. Also a reservist and borderline foetus should really not have had access to top secret stuff.

Not sure how vetting and access works in the US but here in the UK you get ‘occasional’ access to Top Secret if you have SC clearance. This is basically a criminal record and credit check and a check against security service information, it’s a paperwork exercise with no interviews . It’s a long way from the DV level of intrusive investigation.

Decades {!} ago I got security vetted when I worked at a firm of consulting engineers that did government projects.

The interview was "interesting" ... but despite a few things I thought might be a problem, I was passed out and even went on a couple of site visits.
It probably helped that I was already in the Royal Observer Corps and wasn't living with my somewhat left-wing father ...

Back
Top Bottom