Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

Yeah, he alternates with gold, black, and purple.
Apologies for the derail, but this is a joke, surely?
I mean, I couldn't resist a two second google, but that's because almost anything is credible about that man's idea of being a Tsar.
Is there actually a source for this scurrilous rumour?

This sounds totally awful:

This sounds totally awful:

First person account of a fifty four year old soldier.

What do you think of the charges against Putin?
I think countries that refuse to recognise the ICC are not in a position to accuse others of ICC infringements.

As for the actual charges, in this propaganda war it’s impossible to judge the truth of any evidence.

What’s your view? I ask as you usually only come on this thread to attack posters rather than put forward a viewpoint?

As for the actual charges, in this propaganda war it’s impossible to judge the truth of any evidence.

That's just an intellectually lazy (or politically convenient) opt out. Anyway evidence is for the court which hasn't sat yet obviously, but you think there's not enough to issue a warrant even?

And the warrant is for Ukrainian children being forcibly deported, of which there is plenty of first hand testimony and NGO investigations showing that this has happened. To dismiss that all as 'impossible to judge the truth of' is incredibly fucked up, not a very good look being a denier of the forcible deportation and resettlement of children is it?

Last edited:
I think countries that refuse to recognise the ICC are not in a position to accuse others of ICC infringements.

What’s your view? I ask as you usually only come on this thread to attack posters rather than put forward a viewpoint?
I think Putin's hands are dripping with blood and there seems to be plenty of independent sources verifying the disgusting, vile war crimes that he's accused of. He's a piece of shit solely responsible for the deaths of thousands of men, women and children. May he rot in hell.

I hope that's clear enough for you.

I think Putin's hands are dripping with blood and there seems to be plenty of independent sources verifying the disgusting, vile war crimes that he's accused of. He's a piece of shit solely responsible for the deaths of thousands of men, women and children. May he rot in hell.

I hope that's clear enough for you.
And how do you feel about being on the side of the US, given their responsibility for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocents in your life time?

And how do you feel about being on the side of the US, given their responsibility for the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocents in your life time?
That's like saying the Earth is round and how do you feel about being on the side of the US with that?
(though they probably have more flat earthers than most!)

Thinking that Putin is a criminal is not regarding the US as a force for good.
Thinking that he's not a criminal just because the US backs that view is the very definition of a strawman argument.
I think all wars are crimes in essence. To kill is abhorrent. To side with the US though just shows a moral bankruptcy which I find repugnant.

I'm on the side of the civilians being killed, maimed and bombed out of their homes, the women and girls being raped, the old people being left for dead, the hapless, inexperienced soldiers being thrown into a meat grinder battlefield, and all those suffering poverty and misery because of Putin's war.

Has anyone said the US is a force for good though? I feel like you're mistaking people "reluctantly accept Ukraine needs to get guns from somewhere" for "have abandoned criticism of the US entirely." I'd reckon almost everyone on this forum (and most people in any forum, for that matter) would readily agree that the US is not in this for the sake of any moral code.

I'm on the side of the civilians being killed, maimed and bombed out of their homes, the women and girls being raped, the old people being left for dead, the hapless, inexperienced soldiers being thrown into a meat grinder battlefield, and all those suffering poverty and misery because of Putin's war.
You’re on the side of the US. Check your hands, they may well be a bit red.

Back
Top Bottom