Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Ukraine and the Russian invasion, 2022-24

The US are pouring weapons, training and intelligence into Ukraine with no strategy for victory or even any articulation of what victory looks like. While the conflict goes on the chances of direct Russia - NATO combat, by design or accident, are growing.
Does Russia have no agency? Why is it only the US risking WW3?

Last edited:
Vietnam won and the US didn't get involved in another major overseas war for some time because of the anti war feelings it created?
the yanks pulled out and the evil communists united the country. the lesson being the united states can't be relied on to be there for the duration, and if you watch what the republicans are saying in washington it may be that once again the yanks abandon an ally

the yanks pulled out and the evil communists united the country. the lesson being the united states can't be relied on to be there for the duration, and if you watch what the republicans are saying in washington it may be that once again the yanks abandon an ally
If the republicans get in and the US withdraw support it will be interesting to see what France and Germany do. I expect they won't maintain the arms.

tbf Vietnam was a very different type of war. US had the conventional military power but didn't win as that wasn't the type of war they were fighting. No front lines, counteroffensives etc
the problem was that was the war they were fighting, while the vietnamese had rather different ideas on how the combat might go. it wasn't that there were no front lines, it was everywhere was a front line.

It kept the USA in check for nearly 20 years. I don't think they did any serious invading after they lost Vietnam until Grenada.
you're looking at it the wrong way, invasions aren't the americans' first port of call - you miss out all the other activities of the 1960s and 1970s - i think i've mentioned the alliance for progress above (might of course be on another thread), the interventions in latin and central america - bolivia, el salvador, colombia and so on. kept the americans in check my arse

e2a: not to mention ford giving suharto the go ahead to invade east timor East Timor Revisited, american power not simply expressed through us invasions

xEzsjZ2_d.webp

It looks like they should send more Moscovites. They look really hard to kill for some reason.

Back
Top Bottom