Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

UK music industry, bands, work permits and Brexit

i have asked you more than once for your evidence. i call bullshit - put up or shut up
And I have explained to you a hundred times your postings are the work of a village idiot. I understand you think otherwise. I really do have things I would rather do than contribute to validating gibberish.

And I have explained to you a hundred times your postings are the work of a village idiot. I understand you think otherwise.
yeh. well that's a lie, it's the first time you've ever said that here.

post up the evidence on which you make this claim:
Exactly right; evidence is clear now that worker migration/immigration has served to increase shareholder and ownership profits, largely through the mechanism of depressing unskilled and semi skilled pay. i.e Exactly as intended - while being sold to the masses as happy-clappy, we-are-the-world multiculturalism. And your middle-class, metropolitan liberal Londoners loved it.

You think the tories being cunts is the fault of immigration? You think this austerity shit is the fault of immigration? Fuck me.
No, the fault is clearly and carefully being identified *not* as the *fault* of immigration. A crime is not the fault of the victim. The victim is still involved, however, one way or other.

Read what’s there, not what you assume is going to be there.

No, the fault is clearly and carefully being identified *not* as the *fault* of immigration. A crime is not the fault of the victim. The victim is still involved, however, one way or other.

Read what’s there, not what you assume is going to be there.

Still talking rubbish. You called it a 'driver'. I'll read what you write, and it is offensively wrong. If a person comes here to work for minimum wage in a care home and it is a privately owned vehicle for making profit, they are doing exactly the same thing as if they had come here to work for minimum wage in a state-owned care home. Immigration doesn't magically turn into something else entirely due to the insertion of a profit-making incentive. A huge number of immigrants in the 50s and 60s came here to work in state-owned operations. Nowadays there are far fewer of those left, which is not and should never be a reason to turn on immigrantion as the driver of inequality. The driver of inequality is the pursuit of profit.

A driver is an input into a system. Immigration is one of the inputs into the system hence it is a driver. It’s as straightforward as that.
That's exactly the part I dispute. It suggests that, without this driver, the private profit-making sectors would not have been able to produce the same amount of inequality. I suggest that no such thing is true. There is more than one way to immiserate a population. Some of the most economically unequal places on earth have net emigration, not immigration.

what's dangerous is labelling anyone talking about this stuff as dangerous or offensive tbh.
Immigration is a 'driver' of, among other things, increasing inequality, the housing shortage, austerity, pay freezes, benefit cuts and collapsing public services.

Yes, it's fucking dangerous to suggest that. And also entirely wrong.

The key to understanding both Geldof and Bono is that they grew up in an era when Ireland was almost, but not quite, a developed country. As for the rise of mass British emigration, I think you may be right - but where would they go to? Oz and NZ are hard to get into, South Africa and Zimbabwe have their various issues, the USA is going to have certain issues of its own very shortly - that basically leaves Canada. And Ireland.

Lol...I do know what Ireland was like. I grew up here...And the likes of Geldof grew up highly priveledged...very much like the equivalent of a public school boy in the UK. He was a West Brit and made no bones about detesting Ireland. He is a boring and irritating pain in the backside...hates everything...is always complaining..
Bono also was from a relatively priveledged background..in Dublin. Neither he nor Geldof are "typical" of their time...or indeed typical of Irish people at the time. They were very much better off than the vast majority of Irish people at the time.
And fuck them for their shitty attitude and hatred of their origins. How dare they. ...the miserable twats.

Anyway..
As for where the Brits will go? There's loads of them buying up wherever they can over here :D maybe they will invade ... again. :D

But I would say that if they're like the Irish (not) they'll go to other European countries...the US...Australia...New Zealand...Japan...wherever they can.

Last edited:
I'd like to see those dots an all! The nurses have had a 500 quid pay rise....LA employees have had a 4% pay rise in the last eight years....I'm fucking more worse off now than I was 8 bastard years ago, I can tell thee that!

The Fornicator Do you shop for food? Or live in the dark & eat bullshit?
don't think he'll show you the dots but you'll see plenty of droppings.

I'd like to see those dots an all! The nurses have had a 500 quid pay rise....LA employees have had a 4% pay rise in the last eight years....I'm fucking more worse off now than I was 8 bastard years ago, I can tell thee that!

The Fornicator Do you shop for food? Or live in the dark & eat bullshit?
You fool! My point is really not complicated; £500 for nurses in 8 years is 1% a year eg. less than inflation and a pay DROP.

How can people be so thick as they are here?

Back
Top Bottom