Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Trump presidency

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your missing the point, HC would have at least observed the diplomatic niceties, giving us time to lay in bottled water, dry goods etc,afore nuking Tehran.
I honestly wake up each morning wondering if this stupid bastard hasnt actually provoked a major conflict.
I don't get it though: Why would she (or anyone) nuke Tehran? It is not a joke. It is so not a joke.

Reactions: CRI
How old was he then, exactly?
*taps watch*
Prep school means roughly the same as "Public School" here. The year book says he was the "founder" of this club, and was in it Freshman, Sophomore, Junior and Senior years (that's the 1, 2, 3, 4 part). He was class of 1985, born in August 1967, so he would have been 13 when he founded it and still involved when he graduated at 17 coming up to 18.

Your missing the point, HC would have at least observed the diplomatic niceties, giving us time to lay in bottled water, dry goods etc,afore nuking Tehran.
I honestly wake up each morning wondering if this stupid bastard hasnt actually provoked a major conflict.

In turn, I worry that your use of the word "provoked" here might reflect undue optimism about his intentions. Today, it seems a lot more like he intends to provoke a major conflict in the way Mark Chapman provoked John Lennon's death.

Reactions: CRI
In turn, I worry that your use of the word "provoked" here might reflect undue optimism about his intentions. Today, it seems a lot more like he intends to provoke a major conflict in the way Mark Chapman provoked John Lennon's death.
Can you expand on that? I'm knackered, it's been a long day.

This is a proposed state law, Republicans. :mad:

Bill would make it illegal to ID officers who shoot citizens

The state NAACP and the Virginia Press Association criticized the proposal, which comes following a series of police shootings nationally that were captured on bystanders’ cellphone video, such as the fatal shooting in 2015 of Walter Scott in North Charleston, South Carolina. Officer Michael Slager shot him in the back as he ran. Police in the United States killed 1,092 people in 2016, according to a database from The Guardian newspaper.

Little to no information is publicly available in Virginia about the officer after a police shooting. Any history of disciplinary problems, previous shootings or use of force complaints is shielded from the public in Virginia law.

“Anything that broadens the gap between the community trust and law enforcement, that would deepen the divide, cannot be a good thing,” said Linda Thomas, president of The Virginia State Conference NAACP. “And so we would urge lawmakers to ... vote this down, and continue on the pathway that leads to better communication, citizens’ review and oversight in the investigatory process, and to continue to remedy anything that would prevent law enforcement officers from being in tune and in touch with the community.”

She also noted that after a police officer shoots someone the person shot is named and opened up to public scrutiny, “while cloaking in secrecy the identity of the public servant who is paid with taxpayer money.”

Can you expand on that? I'm knackered, it's been a long day.

I'm getting the impression that they are actively looking at a map and saying things like "Vladimir's not going to appreciate it if we go for Iran, but Cuba looks too close to Florida for a nuclear strike - what do you guys think about Morocco?". I'm worried that they're keener on the deploying than the provoking.

In Trumps America it can, though no doubt some efforts will be made to identify 'Mexican terrorists'
Reminds me of how the Scientologists, way back in the 1990s, tried to characterise anyone who quoted their lunatic scriptures as a "copyright terrorist" :D

There's something for the "positives about Trump" thread...he's not a Scieno.

This is a proposed state law, Republicans. :mad:

Bill would make it illegal to ID officers who shoot citizens

The state NAACP and the Virginia Press Association criticized the proposal, which comes following a series of police shootings nationally that were captured on bystanders’ cellphone video, such as the fatal shooting in 2015 of Walter Scott in North Charleston, South Carolina. Officer Michael Slager shot him in the back as he ran. Police in the United States killed 1,092 people in 2016, according to a database from The Guardian newspaper.

Little to no information is publicly available in Virginia about the officer after a police shooting. Any history of disciplinary problems, previous shootings or use of force complaints is shielded from the public in Virginia law.

“Anything that broadens the gap between the community trust and law enforcement, that would deepen the divide, cannot be a good thing,” said Linda Thomas, president of The Virginia State Conference NAACP. “And so we would urge lawmakers to ... vote this down, and continue on the pathway that leads to better communication, citizens’ review and oversight in the investigatory process, and to continue to remedy anything that would prevent law enforcement officers from being in tune and in touch with the community.”

She also noted that after a police officer shoots someone the person shot is named and opened up to public scrutiny, “while cloaking in secrecy the identity of the public servant who is paid with taxpayer money.”

Expect more bills like this in the coming weeks, just fining or imprisioning protesters wont satisfy the demands of the Loons supporters.
I dislike hyperbole, but if just a small fraction of whats surfacing in the last few days becomes enacted in law many Americans will start to view the PRC as a bastion of democracy.
ETA, for the benefit of bluescreen, trying for a wee bit of irony and back humour, but, the emphasis is on 'wee'

Last edited:
Reminds me of how the Scientologists, way back in the 1990s, tried to characterise anyone who quoted their lunatic scriptures as a "copyright terrorist" :D

It would be almost reassuring to think this was the worst we had to worry about.
Eh, but there's more, and worse.
Expect more bills like this in the coming weeks, just fining or imprisioning protesters wont satisfy the demands of the Loons supporters.
I dislike hyperbole, but if just a small fraction of whats surfacing in the last few days becomes enacted in law many Americans will start to view the PRC as a bastion of democracy.

Mmm, but how many of his appointees believe in the 'rapture? ' Bannon, at least, has got to be in the frame:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom