Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The children of Windrush

Key witnesses to detainee death to be deported before they can testify
It has now emerged that two of the men due to be on the flight are key witnesses in the inquest into the death of Carlington Spencer, a 38-year-old Jamaican man who died in Morton Hall Immigration Removal Centre, Lincolnshire, in 2017.

On Monday, the coroner for Lincolnshire issued a summons for Christopher Richards, 47, and Joseph Nembhard, 37, to attend a pre-inquest review on 11 March. But the Home Office has not indicated it will halt their deportation so they can attend.

The two men told The Independent they believed the Home Office was intentionally trying to move witnesses ahead of the inquest into the death of their friend. They said they had “strong evidence” that his death could have been prevented.

I think this relates to this current charter plane:
51492378_10161160550700417_8616682931059949568_n.jpg

Javid'll fix it eh? :rolleyes:

"I shouldn't have to prove I am British": A Preston mum describes the moment she was told she was not a British citizen

This popped up on my radar this morning...Left me wondering how many more could be affected by this. This woman is the grandchild of Windrush parents. Her own mother (a child of Windrush) came to the UK as a child to join her parents who had come over previously. The technicality in this case is that although she was born here and her father is White English/born here because he isn't listed him on her birth certificate she is seen to have her mother's nationality.

What a shit show.

I am at a complete loss to explain to myself or anyone else how the Home Office operates. I know two guys from Eritrea who have just got five year's leave to remain and deservedly so as far as I can tell, and provided they don't engage in any criminal activities and get caught this will turn into indefinite leave to remain. They are now entitled to apply to get their families over here which they are doing. Yet the above is happening to long-term residents of the UK, born and bought up here. What the fuck?

I am at a complete loss to explain to myself or anyone else how the Home Office operates. I know two guys from Eritrea who have just got five year's leave to remain and deservedly so as far as I can tell, and provided they don't engage in any criminal activities and get caught this will turn into indefinite leave to remain. They are now entitled to apply to get their families over here which they are doing. Yet the above is happening to long-term residents of the UK, born and bought up here. What the fuck?
Hostility isnt rational, its about creating a culture of fear and unwelcomingness...Incidents of unfairness serve a purpose I guess

Last edited:
Please circulate to those affected:

Windrush engagement event: Nottingham

Thursday 23 May 2019 from 1pm to 3pm

Pilgrim Church
Queens Walk
The Meadows
Nottingham
NG2 2DF

D6v2iS9WsAAbGqP.jpg

Back
Top Bottom