Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Ashes 2010/11

best bit of the interviews at the end of the day...

mike atherton: shane, is there any way back for australia tomorrow?
shane watson: ...

best bit of the interviews at the end of the day...

mike atherton: shane, is there any way back for australia tomorrow?
shane watson: ...
He was asked why the English bowlers could get the ball to swing and threw Aussies couldn't and he gave a bullshit answer about England being lucky with the conditions.

Aus paper suggesting Harris's injury is the end for him.

It's a shame when anyone's career is cut short by injury - even an Aussie.

On the other hand, Ponting has had long enough; so I hope we crush them in this and the next test, and the twat gets his marching orders.

I dislike him almost as much as I disliked Hayden. The best thing about being at the fifth day of the final test in the home series before last (possibly the greatest moment for English cricket since 1981) was barracking him until he gave me the finger.

I was actually hoping Australia would put up a fight in the second innings. It was beyond them, it seems.

Feel for Ponting. Still banging on about Pietersen being out a day later shows that his ability to think rationally has deserted him. It's a very unforgiving time and place to lose it. I've always liked him.

I was actually hoping Australia would put up a fight in the second innings. It was beyond them, it seems.

Feel for Ponting. Still banging on about Pietersen being out a day later shows that his ability to think rationally has deserted him. It's a very unforgiving time and place to lose it. I've always liked him.
Foot on the neck and push down.

That is probablly his last time at the wicket for aus.Iknow there have been some harsh words but still it is the passing of a great player

Great player. They should let him lead the team out for the fifth test. OK, after that it's probably time.

Though the concept of Aussies and dignity does not compute.

My brother and his children are Australian.

Great player. They should let him lead the team out for the fifth test. OK, after that it's probably time.

Let him lead the team out for the fifth Test Match and then have him executed in the middle of the square. A pretty heroic way to leave the Test arena wouldn't you say?

Failing that, have him sign a book deal and recieve an imorally large advance cheque. Then he could rise up to the heavens as a true Australian Messiah.

Just a thought*

*Thoughts currently moderated by alcohol.

with harris out, i wouldn't be surprised to see hauritz come back in anyway on his home ground. not a cert, but certainly a possibility.

with harris out, i wouldn't be surprised to see hauritz come back in anyway on his home ground. not a cert, but certainly a possibility.

What, pick the best spinner in Australia with two recent Shield centuries to his name? Controversial...

How's Chris Rogers these days? Surely a candidate to open. David Hussey & Cameron White seem worth a try in the middle order too.

Not that I'm suggesting they should, I'm more than happy to see Hughes, Smith & co carry on :)

Edit: and Khawaja obv

think D Hussey's too old,Khawaja,Callum Ferguson,Marsh,White and Hauritz have to come in pretty soon.We need youth.Get rid of Ponting,Clarke and Hussey,kick Johnsons arse to wake the big headed cunt up,Harris is fucked so fuck him off too.God,the list seems endless

David Hussey's got a brilliant first class record. I don't quite understand why he's never played test cricket. He's 33, so he could have two or three good years in him. I'd have picked him ages ago.

i'm guessing he was in his 'prime' over the last 10 years when other players had cememented their places in the side. unfortunately, as the current squad falls apart, he's probably considered too old to break through. i say unfortunately, it's actually hilarious of course.

Back
Top Bottom