Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Ashes 2010/11

but seeing as Warne never forgave him for it, it maybe wasn't such a smart move from the point of view of team unity.[/QUOTE]
maybe that was a smart move,Warnie is a fuckwit at times who's big head could lead the more impressionable youngsters of the team astray.To give him the arse for that game showed the rest that S Waugh means business.I think it jerked the slack out of a couple of would be"charlies"

hahahahahaha......shambles.....
Fact: If Ponting continues to fuck up he is not long for this arena.
Fact:Hussey has 1 or 2 years left and we want a longer term captain
Fact: Clarke is underdone in the role as captain
Fact: White is a successful captain at state level,a good batsman and leg spin bowler and relatively young.
Fact:you may mock me now but we will see in years to come who has the better plan

I'd plump for haddin as cap. After another few years of ponting. He (ponting) seems to wind up the poms like no other player I've ever seen. Which in itself is fairly entertaining.

I'd plump for haddin as cap. After another few years of ponting. He (ponting) seems to wind up the poms like no other player I've ever seen. Which in itself is fairly entertaining.

we're probably wound up by the number of times teams he captains lose to us

What, like today?

So anyway, the groupies flew in for this test. Wonder if that contributed to such a thrashing? Not sure why the management would allow them in half way thru the series. Baffling.

Aggers is now saying replace Collingwood with another seamer. We need to take the fight to them in Melbourne.

aggers is an idiot then. we bowled them out twice for decent totals in the last test, yet struggled to score runs. why on earth should we drop a batsman for a bowler? :facepalm:

England have either needed 4 batsmen or 11. I can't think of an instance when specifically 7 were required.

He's a batsman who bowls a tiny bit. He averages over 40 and has made tough runs as recently as last winter. He's been on a bad run of form since then, but he's not a 'mediocre all rounder'.

we haven't struggled for wickets though. we've easily taken 20 wickets in both the last matches, and apart from haddin/hussey, didn't have any problems in the first test either. why do you want to drop a batsman for a bowler? it's idiotic.

Aahh, relax. If it wasn't for the spell by MJ things would look a lot different.

I think we need to play dirtier, sledge more and target Mr Pontings finger.

He's a batsman who bowls a tiny bit. He averages over 40 and has made tough runs as recently as last winter. He's been on a bad run of form since then, but he's not a 'mediocre all rounder'.

Absolutely. The idea of dropping him for a bowler when we bowled them out twice for less than massive totals is ridiculous.

England still to win the series. Sydney is nailed on, MCG possibly a draw or England win

Back
Top Bottom