Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Ashes 2010/11

Right whats going on here then?i can read much laughter and merriment.This wont do,but am i glad i am 1,000 kilometres away from it.Fucking carnage or what,runout and 2 swann/anderson efforts and we are 3 for 2.Fuck fuck fuck

See Beeb tells us Oz not scored less than 300 first innings in Adelaide since 1993. With Siddle just gone, they'll pretty definitely have to start counting again :D

Start my day off in a good mood :)

Well bowled and very well fielded from the sound of it. The more I watch cricket the more I think that the fielding is the bell weather of a side. A lot of pressure on the Aussie attack. England have the chance to really punish them now.

Ponting and Haddin having a moan at the end apparently.

I was predicting 2-1 to the Aussies before the start but if we have a good day tomorrow, then I might have to revise.

I reckon Ponting would take Strauss in a fight -

but good to see him riled (or hear him riled, I only heard it on tms)

I'd forgotten the second test started last night. Imagine my delight on opening this thread and reading it through as it happened!

Ponting's about 4 foot tall. Strauss could just put one hand on Punter's forehead and hold him off.

Forearms like a Blacksmith though. Wonder how he got those?

Anyway, does anyone know of any web highlights of yesterday/today's play?

I look forward to the aussies pulling out a triumphant draw out of this and the resultant over the top reaction from the australian media at such a mighty achievement.. oh.. wait..

I look forward to the aussies pulling out a triumphant draw out of this and the resultant over the top reaction from the australian media at such a mighty achievement.. oh.. wait..

If they break a number of long-standing records I'd expect them to be satisfied....oh.... wait.

It's only the first innings. If we go on to score 450 over 2 days, then they pull off a draw, whilst losing only 1 wicket and smashing records, then they would be rightly pleased.

Oh, trolling again eh? :p

I watched it until after North got out. Will catch the highlights some point later. :cool:

I got pissed last night and forgot to watch it. Anyway having seen the highlights it was a very strong performance by the England bowlers, ably assisted by a couple of very shoddy run-outs.

Will be interesting to see how England go on this pitch, there was some swing and the ball span occasionally for Swann. Also quite a lot of variable bounce for a first day, I can see it getting very low as the match goes on, I'm not yet convinced this is a 450+ pitch.

Michael Clarke is clearly not fit and should just accept it for the good of the team, he's looking so stiff at the crease. I thought Ponting was unlucky because he got a real good one first ball, god knows what him and Haddon were chuntering about at the end, he looks a very rattled man.

Only downside for England was Finn's bowling, he seems to be struggling a bit and bowling to many four balls. Unless he has a decent second innings I can see Shazad or Tremlett coming in for him.

One point that needs reiterating is that this is 100% a batsman's wicket, Iread on the Grauniad site that the last time they failed to get 350 was light years ago, or summat (guardian site down right now, will post actual stat later).
e2a: Apparently, the Aussies have made 400 in each adelaide test since 1999.

One point that needs reiterating is that this is 100% a batsman's wicket, Iread on the Grauniad site that the last time they failed to get 350 was light years ago, or summat (guardian site down right now, will post actual stat later).
e2a: Apparently, the Aussies have made 400 in each adelaide test since 1999.

But its also worth remembering Geoff Boycott's sage words that you only know what sort of pitch it is when both teams have had a bat.

There was certainly a bit there for the bowlers but more interesting was the occasional low bounce.

Heard the beginning last night (first three wickets) and the end this morning (last three wickets). When I woke up I had to remind myself I hadn't dreamt up the opening - unbelievable! Can't wait until tonight to hear how we get on with the bat, I've had a big grin on my face all day :)

Back
Top Bottom