Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The Ashes 2010/11

jimmy's one of my favourite players, i'm glad he's shown he can do the business in oz after all the doubt over his ability with the kookaburra.

Yep, I've always liked him. He has always had the priceless ability to swing the ball both ways, but it seems it just took him a few years to learn to control it. It used to be a case of 'on his day, he's brilliant', but nowadays every day is his day. :cool:

I must say I am also mightily impressed by Tremlett. He is definitely England's number 2 bowler now and he and Jimmy can open together for a while now, I hope. He even found a yorker for the hat-trick ball yesterday, He should bowl more of those, maybe watch a few tapes of Joel Garner, who is the bowler he most reminds me of.

i hope the aussies have a massive inquiry into why they've had such a succession of jokers coming in and out of the team. their selection policy is fucked, their attitude is fucked, their supporters have deserted them, their press have savaged them... don't get me wrong, i'm gloating as much as the next englishman, but the aussies need to take a long, hard look at the situation. HA HA HA HA!!! fuckers.

At risk of drowning in cliches, they need to look for players who will give their all all the time. When you're really crap, that's the first stage of recovery, a bit like England under Hussain – at least make yourself difficult to beat.

That means bye-bye Hughes until you tighten up your technique, and bye-bye Mitch for good.

it was hard jettisioning Harmison. There were so many fond memories. But it had to be done in the end, and as many have said, Johnson is Aus's Harmison.

They need to lose this fixation on hyper aggressive Aussie attitude and focus on actual skills. Get the basics straight.

Back
Top Bottom