Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

The 2024 UK General Election - news, speculation and updates

Very possible that Health Secretary Wes Streeting is a 2029 election Portillo.

He'll not last that long. He'll strip out the NHS down to the last foot of copper pipe in the last hospital, hand it to his backers for nothing and then fuck off to live happily ever after on a 7 figure salary.

Wes Streeting having a 500ish majority is weirdly a return to his usual performance. When he took the seat from the Tories in 2015 he had a 589 majority,

Under Corbyn than blew out to 9k and 5k in 2017 and 2019, convincing Wes that it was because he was a Special Big Boy.

Now he's got his Special Big Boy Job but his majority is just 528. So he's done worse than ever.

Very possible that Health Secretary Wes Streeting is a 2029 election Portillo.
Muslim population?

Looks like we've got a perfect replacement for Grant Shapps already, as this guy is apparently two people according to the BBC:

View attachment 432122
1720197936246.png

Brothers from different mothers or job share or someting :) who are they anyway or him Labour cabinet or an oposition shadow replacement ?
I just cant keep up with whats happening now after last night and 2 days without sleep and a crate of Bishops Finger nevermind how the gene pool works regarding twins etc its all too much 🤣
the most bizzare entertaining election ever or perhaps worrying future though after many disapointments hoping to get the vermin out on here

Last edited:
Love this graun headline: "

‘Goodwill on all sides’: transfer of UK power the antithesis of last US election'​

'Donald Trump refused to concede and incited riots, but Rishi Sunak conducted himself with civility and respect'

I mean, that's your standard? :D Rishi Sunak didn't try to incite an insurrection, woopdy fuckinng doo.

Civility, so important. Oh, to be civil to my honoured opponent Dan Sabbagh, here is his article for reference.

Love this graun headline: "

‘Goodwill on all sides’: transfer of UK power the antithesis of last US election'​

'Donald Trump refused to concede and incited riots, but Rishi Sunak conducted himself with civility and respect'

I mean, that's your standard? :D Rishi Sunak didn't try to incite an insurrection, woopdy fuckinng doo.

Civility, so important. Oh, to be civil to my honoured opponent Dan Sabbagh, here is his article for reference.

Yeah but i got the impression sunak couldn't wait to go :D

This pretty much sums up my feelings for the incoming Labour administration and I for one intend to hold my newly elected and parachuted candidate Alex Barros-Curtis's feet to the fire over a range of issues:

Sure I'll probably mostly agree with that when I read it, but just wanted to say your new MP has a great set of initials.

And now Chief Exec of Timpson's appointed minister of state for prisons, parole and probation within the ministry of justice.- though given a life peerage so sitting in Ho,L unlike Vallence seemingly.

TBH Timpson's are probably far, far more enlightened on prisons and offenders than 90% of the LP - but the idea of this sort of technocracy being the answer when the populist hard right have had their best election ever is bonkers.

Two fantastic appointments. The idea that the populist right could make hay out of junior ministers being selected from outside the Commons is totally bonkers. They deal in things that apolitical people give a shit about.

The hideous technocracy you espouse is part of the reason why Reform have made such great strides.
People might not be bothered, or even aware, of these particular appointments but they are very aware, and angry, about how crap, distance, undemocratic, their politicians are.

This is why the fight against the hard right has to start with the fight against liberalism

Back
Top Bottom